Stable release 3.107 (2021/05/08)

I’m having the same problem with a disappearing endpoint. Endpoint disappears when DAC is turned off (as expected, obviously!) but doesn’t reappear when DAC is turned on. Reboot of RPi is needed.

Annoying part is that I can’t reproduce this. At all.

Are you on wireless or wired? And are you willing to try out the beta release?

I know you didn’t ask me, but since I’m suffering from the same problem (see above), I’d still like to declare my willingness to try out any betas you could release to try to get to the bottom of it.

Ok nice. Then you can switch to the beta channel (you can do that from the advanced tab) and let me know if it makes a difference.

The DAC is not being recognised at all. I’m wondering if it is UAC compliant as they don’t mention Linux support.

Morning @spockfish I was finally able to make a cable. I have it connected and it is showing the same issues. I am seeing an update available in the Beta Channel. Should I do that update and try again? Thanks.

Yeah please do.

1 Like

@spockfish Great news. That did work. Here is the log file: 3fee5c36aff93fd2

This is Beta Channel with update and I have it wired. Should I reboot with just wifi and try again?

I have a wired connection. I can switch to beta. Do you want me to send the log number when I’ve done this and tried to replicate the problem?

Yeah please do!

Yes please!

That’s sorted the problem. Endpoint comes back when switched on without needing a reboot.

Log 0cb6bd4f5d376c75

All is good. Here is the log: dfa8214908baa642

I cycled the dac several times and it picked it up as normal each time. Thanks.

Also on wireless? @SukieInTheGraveyard @Craig_Cheeseman

(just want to be sure/clear)

Hi Harry, It once appeared on Roon and disappeared with uDSD DAC together when I tried to playback from PEE51, I just obtain this PEE51 so I don’t have compatibility record with version prior 3.107.

If the PEE51 working with Android, it should be working with Linux?

I don’t use wireless for anything Roon-related (apart from remotes), sorry!

Yes. It is working fine now on wireless.

Ok thanks both @SukieInTheGraveyard and @Craig_Cheeseman, I think we nailed it!

Would you be so kind to do one more (final) test before I release this?

I’ve just released another update to the beta channel (can take up to 15 minutes before it shows up), but could you test that release as well? And share your findings?

If everything is still green after that test we can release.

Thanks

Will do and will let you know.

1 Like

Bad news. Endpoint isn’t now recoverable without a reboot (v 3.111 beta)

Logs: 40e22539a7a05273