Static when sample rate conversion enabled

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC running Windows 10 OS as endpoint. Roon has been operating in this environment for over a year. Roon is on a separate machine - NUC running ROCK 10.0.0.75 Version 1.6 build 416. Problem computer is also running version 1.6 build 416. Roon OS Version 1.0 build 175

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet Connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Problem system is running USB out to Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital

Description Of Issue

When DSP Upsampling is enabled, music is audible, but there is a very large amount of static present (more static than music). If DSP is disabled, all is fine. All other endpoints in system are functioning normally. This unit has run in this configuration for many months - everything upsampled to DSD512 - with no issues until now.

Possibly a silly question but have you rebooted everything?

Not a silly question at all… Yes - restarted the Rock, the affected computer, the DAC, uninstalled and reinstalled Roon on the problem machine - no change. It works fine with no up scaling. All other dacs are working normally - I upscale on all of them.

The XMOS bug?

Doubt it. @Derrick_Stasiuk, what has changed?

Nothing… I new hardware or software. Don’t know of any other software updates to the Machine. Should mention that my primary source is TIDAL. Tidal works fine. Was away on vacation for a couple of weeks - I’m suspecting that there might have been an update? 3 other end points all working normally.

Hello @Derrick_Stasiuk,

Make sure you are running the latest firmware on the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital. You can download the firmware and firmware update tool at the Pro-Ject website:

https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/pre-box-s2-digital/

Are you seeing the same behavior if the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital is connected to the NUC running ROCK?

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.