Stevie Ray Vaughan

Most Stevie Ray Vaughan related albums are idetified with the artist as ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble’ or ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble’. Suggest you should pick one form and use it consistently.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, the album ‘In the Beginning’ has the artist as ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan/Double Trouble’. It should be changed to the form picked above.

These albums also identify Stevie Ray Vaughan separately and link to him.

The album ‘Family Style’ correctly has the artist as ‘Vaughan Brothers’, but doesn’t identify and link separately to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

The albums ‘In Step’ and ‘Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985’ link to ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan’, but not ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble’.

The album ‘Live at Carnegie Hall’ links to ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan’, ‘Double Trouble’, ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble’ plus ‘The Roomful of Blues Horn Section’. I don’t understand why ‘Double Trouble’ is created as a separate artist only for this album. If it’s going to be done here, it should also be done for the rest of the albums.

Some albums put the link to ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan’ first. Others put the link to 'Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble" first. I believe that if they’re linking to ‘Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble’, then that link should be first.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I have the same metadata issue with Stevie Ray Vaughan.

In some albums they list Stevie and Double Trouble separated, in other albums combined. In the combined albums the play screen shows: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Double Trouble, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble.

It doesn’t matter if I set the settings to prefer roon or file data, it stays the same.

Has anyone found a solution?

@support how can we fix this?