Storage Scan skipping a Oscar Brown, Jr folder

Content you’re reporting an issue with

I have a folder in my library 'Oscar Brown, Jr" with one album “Sin & Soul…And Then Some” that Roon’s storage import is skipping.

The folders before “Orishas” and after “Owl City” are scanned and show up in my Library

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I’ve tried browsing to the folder and selecting it from Edit Storage Location, but it doesn’t get indexed

Is the album identified in Roon?

No, that is the problem.

I do not see any folders in my Library-Skipped Files page.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Yes the files are local on my Roon on Synology NAS.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I want to listen to my Oscar Brown Jr album in Roon, but it doesn’t show up in my library. I am not aware of any other artists or albums that are not showing up in my library. Is there something odd about this artist or data that Roon is missing it or deliberately skipping over it?

Are they listed under Skipped Files?

If not, then take a look at the metadata file tags. Roon doesn’t care about folder names and file names, it goes by the file tags content. Maybe they are wrong/missing and that’s why you can’t find them in Roon

I would try and remove the dots from the folder name, maybe this small change would already resolve the issue.

Also the comma , in the Artist Name I am not sure how Roon will interpret that A?

M4P are purchased and protected files. They are encrypted. Only the appropriate iTunes account can play them.

AJ

4 Likes

@Suedkiez, thank you for responding. As mentioned in my post, my skipped files folder is empty.

@Mike_O_Neill Thanks for your response. The commas did not make a difference

@BlackJack thanks for your reply. The dots do not make a difference. As @WiWavelength pointed out, it is that these files are protected (m4p).

@WiWavelength thank you for your reply. Yes, that it is. I’ve discovered some other artists in our library that are also not showing up and they all have m4p files. Any artists with m4a files do show up.

Again, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.