Storing Music on an internal 2.tb harddrive

When I get home from work I’ll go there again. The last time I tried that all I saw was Tidal stuff and none of the Library info of my tracks was there. I really appreciate the help. I’ve been using JRiver on a laptop and a Beatis Revolution server so I’m new to Roon and new to the Nucleus set up. I set up an Auralic G1 on my garage system and a G2 in my basement set up. Been streaming Tidal and loving the way it sounds but I wan’t to hear my hi-res files!!!

If you want to see (for example) just your own albums, and not the TIDAL albums that you’ve added to your library, then use the Focus feature to show just your own albums.

Go to the Album browser, and click on Focus. In the Focus screen, click on the Format button and check the TIDAL box. That will give you a green “TIDAL” button. Click this button, and it will turn red - meaning show all albums that are NOT from TIDAL - in other words, show just your own albums…

I’ll give it a shot tonight Thanks

Hi Foks, it works out properly
Cheers
Armin

1 Like

here as well…

OK now I get it. It mixed all of the Tidal stuff with my albums so I thought it was just Tidal stuff. Focus feature will help. Thanks again.

1 Like

I also discovered that the app on my iphone 6 wasn’t giving me access to my library. I grabbed my ipad mini 4 and there it was. How exciting to stream high res tunes from my system. I just updated my PS Audio Direct Stream & the Bridge II. Sound was great! Thanks again for helping a beginner.

Hi David
no probs with my IPhone 6
See all what I want to see.
Not able to access some of the DSP funktion, but this is OK!
Enjoy your system…
cheers
Armin

I posted a reply on the Roon site but wanted to make sure you know i was able to find all of the info on my ipad mini app. For some reason my app on my phone isn’t giving me access to my library. I’ll work on that but at least for now I’m able to see and play my music on the internal storage. Thanks for all of your help.

Having similar problems to the OP setting up a NUC with an internal 4 tB SSD drive for music storage…managed to transfer the database so it now shows all my TIDAL tracks but none of my music files which are on external hard drives. I copied the 1.6 tB library onto a hard drive formatted EX-FAT, thinking I could connect that directly to the NUC, as all the original ones are Mac formatted but I cant tell if its actually connected or how to transfer files. I did connect it to a MAC remote and tried dragging and dropping to the ROCK interface but it was not evident that any transfer was going on. Whats the best way to transfer those files?

I have tried the Finder copy method and it just tells me the destination disc " Internal storage" is not big enough even though its showing as 3.97 tB

When you installed the internal 4TB drive, did you then use the web interface of ROCK to format it? As the Knowledge Base article says: The internal drive is formatted from the web interface when you first set up ROCK, so you won’t be able pre-load music onto the drive – you’ll start with an empty drive, and copy your music over later (using the Mac Finder and the network)

1 Like

Hi Geoff…yes I did all that and I have managed to get the smb interface to download the files…thats been running all night but hopefully it will be done by midday today. Cant sign on to Roon at the moment, presumably its down whilst all this is going on. Installation of ROCK has been labourious with little things like non-functional flash drives, FAT and ExFat formatting on Mac and trying to extract the ffmpg file being particular irritants. Still, getting Roon and the library into a box I can fit in the palm of my hand should be worthwhile!!

Hi Geoff…transferring files is complete but I cant login to ROON, it just shows the logging in twirly icon and never gets there…a previous screen says that I am not connected to the internet but the Macbook clearly is. I have tried re-booting the NUC and switching off the old Core but to no avail…any ideas? Before I did the file transfer Roon worked with all the TIDAL tracks but not now

Update…dont know quite what was going on but I erased and re-entered the backup database and all is now well…TIDAL playing, ripped tracks playing, date added function still works…only quirk is that the machine is called MacMini as that was the name of the previous Core…when I feel stronger I will change that but it may be tempting fate at this point. If I was to set up another NUC it would be a much quicker process ! but now I will just live with it for a while…I do find it very quiet but that may be because I picked the i3 model as I dont think I will need the processing power of the i7 one

Yes, if you’ve restored the Roon database from the MacMini into your new Core on the NUC, that’s to be expected. Simple to change: go to Settings/Setup and enter your new Core Name.

G’day, noobie here … I have a question around "Watched Music Folder’ and exactly how that might work because I’m unsure from what I read. Any advise much appreciated …

I have sucessfully copied all my music from my NAS music folder to the second SATA SSD in the ROCK NUC, over the home network, all good and working fine.

Will it work if I set the original NAS music folder as the ‘watched’ folder so when I get new music and I copy it to the NAS music folder, it will be copied by roon to the second SATA SSD in the ROCK NUC?

No it will not. It’s up to you, to copy your music files to the location you want them to be. You can copy them to the ROCK internal storage for Roon and as many other places (e.g.: NAS for backup) as you wish.
You should not add the NAS as watched folder if it contains the same music files as your ROCK internal storage because that may lead to all sorts of problems.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the clarification on this. I’ve misunderstood what I read on watched folders. Ok I get it now, I will need to save all new music to both locations.