Sudden Playback issue

Hi Norris
Thanks for update on issue.
I noticed firm around the 25th August I think after returning form a weeks Holliday. It worked ok on the Sunday and Monday if my return and think it started on the Tuesday 25th.
Does that tie in with update date?
Thanks

Hi Noris
I just noted the date for latest update was 20th August which would tie in with when my issue started. I was away that week and turned off all my appliances. Didnt then turn back on until around the 24th/25th which is when i noticed issue.
Thanks
Mark

Hi Noris
Sorry me again. I noticed last night that Roon is playing all music in my melco imported folder ok but the issue seems to be with music within the import CD folder?
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Mark

Sorry Noris I think I’ve pinpointed the issue to, Roon plays all high res 24bit or tidal MQA files but not anything at 16bit. I’ve set device playback to default and it’s only an issue when using chromecast. AirPlay is set to default playback too and works ok with all file formats
Thanks
Mark

I have also had this same problem since the last update. I often need to press play/pause to advance tracks in Roon radio, and also to get internet radio working. Albums play through. I Have Chromecast Audio for my endpoints as well, and it does not matter if I try to play to wireless or to cat 5 , to one endpoint or to a group. Sometimes I need to go into Google Home to stop casting when it says it is playing but without sound. Tune In Radio and Tidal apps working fine though.

Hi Bill. I was beginning to think it was just me!
Hopefully somebody at Roon can come up with a solution
Mark

1 Like

Hello @Mark_Saunders1 / @B_Clarke ,

We are actively looking into this issue, for any updates, please see this thread:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.