Suddenly cannot log in to core (build 710) [Resolved - DNS change]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 build 710 on NUC Linux 4.4.0-79-generic

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

core direct ethernet to router, client (mac) wireless to router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB and HDMI out from core to media switcher/amp

Description Of Issue

After ages of flawless operation, I am asked on mac client to select a core and log in. Login eventually times out with a “Network Error” message.

I verified I can ssh to the core from the mac.
I verified I can ping out from the core to roonlabs.com
I rebooted the core machine.
Unsure when i took the update to 710, or if that happened automatically.
What’s up?

This just hit me as well. core version 1.7 build 710 on NUC Linux 4.4.0-79-generic

All was working as usual earlier today. Now I’m asked to login to my core (NUC) from my mac client (been ages since I was asked to do this). Login eventually times out with a “Network Error” suggesting I check connections. I can ssh to the server box from my mac, ping out to roonlabs.com, and I’ve rebooted the server box just to be sure.

I’m sorry for the trouble here, @will_welch! Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look at the logs so we can get an idea of what’s occurring here. Thanks!

UPDATE — Changing DNS resolved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.