Summary of issues with 1.8

Nice summary.

One complaint I’m reading a lot and agree with: Discover has been buried. Bring it back to the left menu. Or at least bring it up high on the home page.

Another is circles for artists. Some like this, but it is cropping the photos, sometime inconveniently.

Related is credits. IMO, using these circles for credits makes them almost unusable. The former text list worked. Now you have to search over this spread out array. And we seem to have lost the ability to sort the credit list.

1 Like

The number of tracks in a given view, focus, etc has disappeared. I’d found this a useful metric in 1.7.

1 Like

Works for me well with Roon Remote on Mac OS Catalina.

Again, works for me well.

35 GB on the server or on a Remote?

I can report that the memory leak which affected a bunch of users running Roon server on Linux has apparently been resolved or at least mitigated. Today I have been using Roon quite heavily during 6+ hours, and the reported memory usage of Roon server has been stable.

I agree. This should be indented again. It’s just easier to grasp.

No problems for me with IOS with Synology running Roon on independent 1TB plus 20TB with 25,000+ albums, definite improvement in sound, connectivity excellent…ok, maybe some format issues but overall a fine upgrade…using Lumin A1 on my main system and also B&W Wireless Formation on secondary

1 Like

Issues on joined zones. I’ve got spots from the speakers never heard before in 1.7

Spots? Like clicks, pops and/or dropouts?

1 Like

Merge of two albums doesn’t work.
In a bit of trying I’ve had problems with “identify album” as well…

Actually, merge didn’t work yesterday but is working today. Very odd, but I’ll take it!

1 Like

Yes, sure!

I don’t know if this is only a collection of bugs or also of criticism concerning design choices.

I (and others) would add:

1. serif font should be interchangeable into something more “neutral”
  2. search field in the middle was better than in the top right corner (desktop)
1 Like

Yeah, I seem to have the same problem: two USB DACs connected to the same Roon Bridge, and grouped together, causes pops/clicks during playback.

Counts on focus do not add up for multi-part works. Parts and works are (partially) double counted.

Composition counts in album views have disappeared. Composition counts of local and streamed content is not distinguished.

1 Like

For playlists on iOS, I would like to have the filter added back that identifies duplicate tracks. Also for iOS, when looking at the tracks of an album I have added to my library, I would like to have the tag back on tracks I have added to different playlists. Both of those are features I used regularly and from what I can tell so far appear to have been removed.

1 Like

I agree with this. I use my app on my iOS a lot and thought at first this had been removed. After I scrolled down enough it took a few seconds for the cache to load for the content to appear.

Whilst I generally like the changes, particularly in how they enhance the experience of discovering new music, the biggest issue for me (not mentioned in that list) is the number of visible album covers. I have gone from being able to see 27 at a time to 10 on a Galaxy Tab S5e - I’d very much love a return of the “Allow more album covers” option. Fix this and the boolean logic around focus/bookmarks and I’ll happily put up with the other niggles!

2 Likes

Same for non English IPads. But sure, seems to works in Dutch version. I guess Roon has a breakdown of users vs countries for assigning beta tester.

Thanks to the new update everything seems to be working. Still testing the system. (Previous problem with the Italian language).

Real-Time scanning buggered up again.