Summary of issues with 1.8

Gray background instead of images. Pictures are loaded for a second and disappear. Clearing the cache helps exactly 1 time.

@Duckworp Admire how you distilled the essentials from the deluge of hysteria in some threads! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

First, I would like to echo my thanks to Peter who has saved us all a lot of work.

Ditto for all at Roon. In my eyes, we are looking at 10 steps forward and about 1.5 steps back. That is a fantastic achievement.

In addition to Peter’s 12 points, I have noticed the following.

1. Opening Roon has slowed down considerably. That may be because we are all so excited about the new release.

2. The A-Z search facility for artists/albums etc. has disappeared.

3. Previously, you could immediately see how many other versions of the same track were available in your library and on Qobuz and go straight to a list.

I have had this issue earlier and if I remember correct, logging off and then on again from Tidal/Qobuz (Roon settings, services) sorted that out. At least worth a try!

A post was split to a new topic: Albums are doubled on macbook

Gestern konnte ich Roon noch starten ohne die “Settings”, heute startet Roon Control App auf Windows 10 nicht mehr. Auf dem Tablet läuft Roon wie es soll. Roon Rock auf dem NUC ist also okay. Aber die RoonInstaller64-Software funktioniert NICHT! Wie kann man solch eine Software freigeben?

For English readers here is a translation of @rehe post.

Yesterday I was able to start Roon without the “Settings”, today Roon Control App does not start on Windows 10 anymore. Roon runs as it should on the tablet. So Roon Rock on the NUC is okay. But the RoonInstaller64 software does NOT work! How can such software be released?

Work on the German Win system now too, still waiting for the IPad update. Seems Roon beta tested continental Europe with a single Dutch beta tester…

1 Like

Great summary.

Please can the good people at Roon offer any feedback on the list, with a possible roadmap for fixes?

I am holding out updating to 1.8 as the tagging issue will significantly impact how I use Roon currently.

Other than this I am keen to update to experience the new UI.

4 Likes

Waiting for feedback…

1 Like

Thank You Peter for Translation!!!

Many Thanks Peter for Translation!!!

Beim Versuch die Roon App zu starten erscheint für einen sehr kurzen Moment ein weißes Pop Up Fenster mit einem roten Kreuz. Danach geht nichts mehr.
Sowohl die manuelle Installation als auch das automatische Update fĂźhren zu diesem Ergebnis.

1 Like

Thanks Peter for the summary

i would like to add one item which is the track format
(DSD,/CD/FLAC/AAC etc) on album cover as in 1.7

Thanks

settings → general → customize album display → edit

Janky scrolling on ipad and iphone.

1 Like

It was working fine but today, it’s impossible to connect to Qobuz and Tidal

1 Like

I agree, the credits are now much harder to digest. Harder than a CD booklet, certainly.

Possibly unrelated to Roon 1.8 but yesterday I noticed that Rudy Van Gelder is listed as Engineer on Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue for some reason. It was due to seeing his picture in a circle that I noticed this error.

1 Like

Question for anyone: I am running Roon on Qnap… the version I’m showing is build 752, but I see later builds discussed… are the builds specific to OS?

Dear Danny,

Thanks for the reply, done that prior to my post and but it only shows the format below the Album cover and it is only show when I chose My Album.

I have saved several album with Tag DSD and when I access my Tag, the Album Cover show but nor format information shown. It was shown in 1.7 and really easy for me to distinguish between DSD128 to DSD512.

One additional thing is while on Tag is, the ability to add multiple Tag at the same time

Best