Superficial Roon Updates?

The world of listening to music has changed dramatically over the last few years. I once considered remote access to my music library as a very high priority. However, with Qobuz (and other high quality streaming services), I no longer consider it a great need - although it would be nice to have. I suspect, these days, I will get more use out of the new “sleep” option than I would out of remote access to my music.

2 Likes

My thinking (hoping) is that we are only seeing bug fixes and minor improvements as Roon is holding back on the big stuff for V2.

Roon knows they have to evolve and keep people interested in their product as if they don’t people will drift away or something better will come along.

They need new subscribers as those lifetime subs won’t last forever.

If the purpose of Roon is to facilitate the listening to high resolution music on high resolution sound reproduction systems, why would anyone ever lose interest? I agree they need to continue to stay ahead of the competition.

Because (imo) the listening is only part of the Roon experience for many people. What does a timer have to do with how the music sounds?

1 Like

Again, my point, I don’t think people will lose interest in Roon and drift away if Roon doesn’t implement every customer request on some top 10 list. I don’t agree that this latest update or any previous update is or was superficial.

1 Like

Roon should have two types of releases:

1. Maintenance Releases
  2. New Feature Releases

The maintenance releases should happen much more frequently than what we experience now and the update process should be simpler. A patch mechanism of some type should be involved. Waiting for months on end for bug fixes is not a smart model. Roon should not be afraid to fix a single bug in a timely manner and release that fix to the community.

New feature releases should focus on new features. Yes, it is fine to put bug fixes in feature releases but that should not be the dominant reason for the release.

I have to say that Roon is moving way too slow with bug fixes and new features. It’s a good thing that I bought my lifetime subscription based on the feature set present at the time.

4 Likes

And actually - Why are you telling us about it and why right now?
What you want to achieve… What is the message?
It’s as if I would suddenly say: I don’t wanna Roon to teach my dog singing.
Who cares…

2 Likes

On these forums, people are free to express what they like, don’t like, want, and don’t want. They are not free to criticize other people.

1 Like

Hi, that’s intriguing, so you’re listening to most of your music on alternative apps? Or are you listening less to music in general? If the first I would stop my subscription to Roon. If the second, I’d sell all my music gear! :slight_smile:

Personally for me it’s interesting that Roon has significantly increased my overall music listening. Weird.

Roon in the car would be useful, but I prefer to listen to radio stations, so not a top priority.

My number 1 for Roon is increased content provision - too many albums have no reviews.

Happy listening! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I fixed Mobile easily , its my OLD iPod Classic 80gb . MP3 , UGH but with road noise who can tell

Perish the thought I even use iTunes or even JRiver if I have to for maintaining it

Why would I need access to 6500 albums and Tidal and Qobuz to drive 20 km each way daily (which I no longer do). Perhap my attention span is waning :heart_eyes:

Ah well my 2p …

1 Like