Support for new iPad Magic Keyboard? [Released – Build 943]

+1 - I am flabbergasted to see Roon Remote still doesn’t support Apple’s Magic Trackpad, where’s the magic? You take the iPad on the coach, browse a few albums on Roon then switch over to the magic keyboard then you’re scrolling down to select a track on the trackpad and then :boom:. There the magical user experience stops there.

Why don’t Roon charge a small fee for the Roon app? I’d be ok to pay 1.99.

Since there’s still no updates on this fix, I am considering writing to @enno Enno Vandermeer, Roon Labs CEO… and why not perhaps this may help shake up things a little and share our frustrations amongst the Apple iPad users’ community. Who wants a bad user experience?

3 Likes

If for one feel that charging for the app would be dumb as it is and should be part of the service they provide with the monthly/lifetime payment.

Also I feel that writing to the CEO of the company about a problem well know by the company is also dumb, but maybe that’s just me. That’s why the forums are here, to interact with other users and the company representatives.

3 Likes

Lately I introduced my girlfriend to Roon so she can change music when I’m not around and imagine her face when I told her that scrolling in magic keyboard doesn’t work but it works in all others apps :joy: . You maybe are right but do you believe it would be done one day?

1 Like

I think they will eventually… when I don’t know 🤷

I can feel what she must have gone through, not a great user experience! Anyway I am hoping our voices are heard by the support team and management folks. We need action not words!

Magic keyboard support will make me buying live time subscription for roon. So roon c’mon! :wink:

2 Likes

I second that thought!

1 Like

The Magic Keyboard was released a year ago, I think it’s time Roon supports it. Plus there are also other keyboards compatible, I’m using a Logitech one on my iPad Air and it’s the way I use the iPad 99% of the time, every time I need to reach for the screen to scroll is a moment I question myself if I should continue using Room…

4 Likes

Im laughing and you should to because I just add Apple Pencil to my iPad Pro with magic keyboard (no magic in roon :slight_smile: ) and scrolling works in roon with Apple Pencil but not on track pad from magic keyboard…. Businesses as usual aka chasing the white rabbit…

Hello!

What is the ETA for Roon to start supporting two-finger scrolling from the trackpad? It just plain doesn’t work. Works fine on the Mac.

chris

5 Likes

@danny Can we have a comment or update on this issue please?

+1 it’s very much needed

2 Likes

+1… this “ask” has been going on for too long now…

2 Likes

The wait continues – still no fix in build 806.

The good news for me is that the wait will be over soon, when my subscription comes up for renewal. If it’s fixed by then I’ll renew, otherwise I won’t. Either way, I won’t be waiting for Magic Keyboard support any longer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m with you :relieved:

1 Like

+1 for magic keyboard support!

1 Like

+1 It cannot be that difficult, correct?

Yup. Same issue here.

@danny One would hope with 50 developers someone can do it.

1 Like

And you would think build 814 just release today fixed support for iPad magic keyboard? No. Thank you Roon :rage: