Support for new iPad Pro screen

Hello,

Please add support for the new iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 screens.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Ugh. Does this mean that Roon does not currently support the new iPad Pros? What happens when you run it on one of the new devices?

I was just about to buy a new iPad Pro and sell the old one. There goes my Christmas present to myself.

It runs OK.

But the new iPads have black bars on the edges the screen has a different config, the app need to be updated to use the full screen on the new iPads, like many other App Store apps that runs on the new iPad that have not been updated. In My case is the 12.9, but I think the 11 will have this black unused space.

Otherwise it runs perfectly, only a visual issue.

It would be nice to have a remote to the Apple Watch at least to press Play, or Skip.

Thanks for letting me know, perhaps my purchase is back on. :wink: It’s probably just a matter of fixing the constraints in the storyboard.

Yes, it would be nice to have an Apple Watch interface.

1 Like

Not entirely true. Other issues are no portrait support (was supported on 1st and 2nd gen 12.9” Pro’s) and everthing’s resampled to 48kHz sample rate when the iPad itself is the output device.

There’s multiple topics already for these issues BTW.

Sorry Antoine,you are right, those issues I did not mentioned because I only use my iPad as a remote for my main system, but playing higher sampling rates on the iPad could be a very welcome addition, and not only for iPad, iPhone could also take advantage of those features.

The processors on mobile devices are becoming powerful enough to have some deserved high resolution audio features properly implemented.

No problem of course Ricardo. I just thought I’d point it out in case the Roon devs are seeing this. :slight_smile:

Hello, I noticed the update, and is working very well thanks.

1 Like