Support Request Template for Port Forwarding Issues

Dear [ISP/Manufacturer] Support Team,

I am experiencing connectivity issues with the ARC application, a controller for RoonServer, which relies on successful port forwarding through Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for operation.
I’m attempting to create a TCP port forwarding rule using an available port range. Unfortunately, the automatic setup has failed, and I am seeking your assistance to resolve this matter.

Can you confirm the following?

• How can I access the router web administration page for equipment I’ve rented from you?
  • Are there any restrictions for activating UPnP and/or NAT-PMP on equipment I’ve rented from you?
  • Is it possible to place routers I’ve rented from you in Bridge mode?
  • Are there any specific instructions for activating UPnP and/or NAT-PMP in the router administration settings?
  • Have you implemented Carrier-Grade Network Address Translation (CG-NAT) for my account tier?
  • If my account is behind CG-NAT, are there dedicated external IPv4 addresses available for my account?
  • If IPv4 addresses are only available behind CG-NAT, do you offer native IPv6 compatibility?

I understand that my situation may require a tailored solution, and I am ready to follow the instructions provided by your team to resolve this issue. Your support is essential for ensuring uninterrupted connectivity and functionality of my ARC application with RoonServer.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt and detailed response. Please let me know if you need any further information or clarification.

3 Likes