Synchronization across multiple Roon endpoints

Hi,

I’m having issues with synchronizing audio output across multiple RoonBridge endpoints. My current end points are primarily Raspberry PI running Jesse Lite with a combination of native audio, HifiBerry DAC and HifiBerry Digi with a Schist BitFrost D/A. I’m wondering if there is an issue with different latency across the various DACs or perhaps clock synchronization between the units?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi Carl,

Sync issues between grouped endpoints sounds like it could be a delay in one or more of the DACs. Are you able to get any of them in sync ? Is it just one that is out of sync ?

HI,

Its more then just one out of sync. I’ve looked at a couple of different configurations. In the simplest, its a PC running core and a RPI2/HifiBerry Digit to and outboard DAC (Bitfrost) over SPDIF. Noticeable delay even between these two, with I think the node connected to bridge being later. I would think a plausible explication would be latency in the DAC.

I’ve also seen lack of sync across a core and an single RPI2/HifiBerry DAC+. Finally, I’ve got a more heterogeneous group with 2 RPI2/HifiBerry DAC and one RP3 with the onboard audio, and seen issues there, although I having explored all the options yet so see of the two consistent ones are out of sync with the core, but in sync with each other. I’ll check this out.

Does this help?

Carl

Brian mentioned sync issues from DAC delays in this post in relation to Meridian gear.

Very helpful. I suspect the proposed solution will go a long way towards addressing the issues I’m seeing. Will wait anxiously for update with delay setting.

Thanks!

Carl

So I just got a Sonos arc. Is there still no way to sync it with my other endpoint, ultra-Rendu?

Gonna add another sound bar in another room - I’d like to know what I need to buy in order to sync.

Any help is appreciated