Synology DS 218+ Multichannel playback

I have been using Roon Stereo for several years. Now I have a new AV receiver that I also want to run through Roon. My Roon Rock and Library are running on a Synology NAS DS218+. I can’t get multichannel settings for my new receiver, probably my NAS doesn’t have enough processing power. Does Roon check the performance of the NAS and provide only one stereo settings?
If a Roon Nucleus is used now, will settings for my new Arcam AVR11 change automatically or does the device need to be activated new?
These are my two questions, thanks for your support.

How is the Arcam AVR11 connected to the NAS?

The Arcam AVR11 is listed as Roon Ready so I’m guessing Ethernet connection.

In the Roon - Device setup – Show Advanced - what do you have for Channel Layout ( 2.0 - 5.1 - 7.1)?

The Arcam is connected via LAN Ethernet. In the ROON device setup I have not Channel Layout.

This and a quick look through the online manual of the AVR makes me believe that this is a limitation of the AVR and not Roon. Therefore I doubt that things change if you switch your Roon Server device to a Nucleus. For confirmation you should probably contact Arcam.

No, not that I ever heard of such a thing even. Just playing multi-channel audio shouldn’t pose a problem for your NAS anyway.