I am trying to connect my Roon core to a Denon DHT-S716H as this device is currently marked as “Roon Tested”. So far the network player has never appeared in the Roon audio device list
Roon connects to Denon devices using Airplay so I suspect that is the problem…
My setup is as follows :
- Synology 920+ with DSM 7.1
- Roon Core image using Docker - container network set as host
- DHT-S716H is connected by wi-fi
I have already spent an insane amount of time on forums and with my setup in order to solve this :
- The Synology VM Manager package is not installed and the vSwitch option is not selected.
- I can ping the Denon from within the Roon Docker image, using IPV4 and IPV6 (I changed the default synology docker setup to support IPV6 because I thought that my issue was an IPV6 problem…) so this is not an network problem between the two devices
- I have tried to run the Docker Image with maximum privileges
- I have disabled the LMS support
- The Synology Audio Station is not running
- No Firewall
If I setup a Roon SPK instead of the Docker Image I have the same issue.
But if I run the Synology Audio Station instead of the Roon Core, the DHT-S716H appears !!!
Is there someone, somewhere, that has finally succeeded to connect a DSM7 Synology (or Qnap) Roon Docker image with some AirPlay Devices ? What am I missing ?
If this is not possible, I sincerely think that this issue should be advertised by Roon as a known limitation of their software because there is clearly something not working in their Airplay discovery code when Roon runs as a Docker image or a NAS package…
[Moved to Tinkering to appease the moderators angry gods ]