T+A DAC 200 thread

Hi @Larry_HV

I saw elsewhere you mentioned DAC 200 needs an SBC that supports DSD1024 rates.

Does @jussi_laako’s recommended NAA (linked below) not work as NAA supporting DSD1024 rate? With his NAA OS image?

If the USB interface is same as on the HA 200, then it should work fine.

1 Like

Yes, the interface is exactly the same as on the HA200.

Interested if anyone had acquired one of these units yet and what your impressions are?

I have an HA 200 and absolutely love it but am having real challenges with Roon losing control of the audio device in combination with the T+A native ASIO driver under Win10. Of course my issues may have nothing to do with the Amplifier/DAC itsself but my feeling is that the USB input is pretty particular when it comes to signal quality.

1 Like

Mildly surprised to hear of your subpar experience as this is a tested device. Has either Roon or T+A support provided any help to date? I guessing the sound quality is quite good as you still speak positively about the unit. Wishing you had a DAC200 instead of the HA…it’s really the performance of the preamplifier analog outputs in addition to the DAC that are of particular interest for me. This is very helpful information, Thank you! :smiley:

I sent the unit in for a full functional test, firmware update & received the newest ASIO Drivers for Windows but alas the issues continue. Given that the problem is not limited only to Roon (Foobar also drops the signal in exclusive mode), I have not yet reached out to Roon Support for help. The connection remains mostly stable under Linux so either Windows, or it’s drivers, are my biggest suspects.

Given that I purchased it as a headphone amplifier, I do not miss the analog outputs. When the USB input does work, the SQ is imo heavenly. Just wish ASIO was stable as that is the best sounding of the bunch.

Thanks for all the info. I think the great SQ would only make this experience all the more frustrating :unamused:. I’d be interested in hearing if this is resolved for you at some point, which I hope it is soon.

I have been using the DAC 200 for a few months and I’ve found the following when I try to change the settings:

It shows Error when trying to enter the Max resolution in both PCM and DSD. Is there a way to sort this out or just error from Roon reading the DAC?
Edit: forgot to mention I’m running Roon on a Mac Mini M1 with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. I have read there’s a limitation on Macs to play DSD, maybe it could be related to this Error issue?

DSD 512 and DSD 1024 with Windows PC and appropriate driver installed or Linux PC with Kernel 4.4 or higher only.

So you get no error like I do when you go to the device settings for the DAC ?

I don’t have one I looked up the manual.

Yes, it says that for Windows, but I have a Mac M1 and Roon shows the error instead of showing max PCM and max DSD (1024)

The maximum upsampling rate using Roon is 768 PCM and DSD 512. If you want to upscale higher than those rates use HQPlayer with Roon.

Victor