Tagging issue Direct vs Di-Rect

I have a lot of songs from the band Di-Rect and in the track view the Album Artist is shown as Di-Rect
However the Artist column show Direct which is a different performer. How do it correct this?

thanks!

Hi Jilco,

Issues of incorrect meta-data are best posted under the Support/Metadata Issues topic. I will move this post there so the correct staff can see it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Ok thx @Rugby, any views from the metadata team on my problem above?

Thanks for letting me know

Hi Jilco,

We moderators are just volunteers and not official Roon staff. I don’t know what their queue is, so, I can’t give you any insight that way.

Daniel

@support

Any update on this? I checked if the artists are merged but non of my artists have been merged

Thanks for looking into this

regards

Hey @Jilco_Schuurmans,

Thanks so much for reporting this! We appreciate the specific details.

I’ve moved this thread in our technical team’s queue. They’ll get back to you with more insights as soon as possible.

Thanks for bearing with us a little longer :bear:

1 Like

Hi @beka not much seemed to have happened since March. Can you please get someone to look at this. Roon keeps making the wrong attribution of Direct towards song that are from DI-RECT (different artist)

Can you post a screenshot of the issue? I ask because Roon seems to know the difference between Di-rect and Direct.

It does know the difference however it does the tagging wrongly is shows DI-RECT albums under Direct when I view the discography

OK, so these albums are in your Library. Are they local files? I ask because when I look at his discography, I see only three albums + 46 Singles and EPs - all of which are correctly attributed to Direct. I subscribe to Qobuz, so I’m assuming that these are coming from that source.

I have a mix between local and Tidal. All the files showing are local

Right. So for some reason Di-rect and Direct have become conflated on your system, while they are showing as separate artists with their own discographies on mine.

The issue is sitting in the technical team’s queue. I think we’ll just have to be patient until it rises to the top…

For the record I do have both artists showing, both with a discography. However DI-RECT songs from my local library do show up under Direct. Not vice versa. The metadata in the files shows DI-RECT for the artist not Direct

Hey @Geoff_Coupe thanks so much for joining in and bringing more clarification on the thread.

@Jilco_Schuurmans, thanks a whole lot for making sure we get exactly what the problem is. Please, hang on a little while longer until our team gets a chance to help :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@support any update on this topic?

@support this issue still exists. Can I take apart Di-rect and Direct who are two different artists?