Technics SL-G700M2

Hi
thank you for your fantastic software.
Is it possible to add the Technics SL-G700M2 for DSD native ?
This super player is not Roon Ready but he can play native DSD.
Thank’s

David

David does it have a USB input that is capable of DSD? It is not going to work over Chromecast or AirPlay.

If so a Streamer or a Raspberry Pi running Ropieee will work nicely and fit your needs.

I was recently using a Pi to drive my new MA Mini-i 4 streaming DAC to DSD 512 using Roon Bridge on a Pi.
It is now Roon Ready and gives DSD512 directly from Roon.

Yes it have USB input.

In that case you’re cheapest option to get DSD will be almost certainly be a Raspberry Pi.
Normally I would recommend a WIIM Pro or Pro Plus, but those do not support DSD or USB output.

If you don’t mind a bit of tinkering, that and Ropieee will make a good solution to fit your needs.

Otherwise something like a Zen Stream will also work and give you DSD256 into your amplifier.

Can you send me feedback so I can take a look?

Thanks for your help
What kind of feedback ?

Go to the Web page of your device running Ropieee and choose the Advanced tab. There’s a “Send Feedback” button at the bottom of the page. Click it, and feedback information will be sent to @spockfish. You’ll see a reference number - post this in a reply in this forum thread so that Harry can connect the feedback to your issue.

The reference number is : b37a432079e8ef67

Sorry, can’t fix this. The DAC does not provide the proper descriptors for native DSD.

Hi

I forgot to active “DSD Native” in the player setup.
Could you try now with this : ab6d4350a8fc4b70
Sorry…

No change, so unfortunately this is not possible.
I’m not sure if the Technics is capable of updating the USB firmware, but otherwise this is a dead end.

OK I will use with DOP.
Thank’s for RoPieee :+1:

1 Like

I have the amplifier Technics SU-G700M2.
It is Roon tested.
Could you try for DSD Native ?

f1d4222ed7812e57

Squeezelite can’t play Flac 352…

Thank’s

The Technics is not able to this: it does not provide the proper USB descriptors.

I have no chance with Technics :grinning:
It works well via DOP.

I can’t play FLAC 24/384 files with squeezelite. I saw there was a fix.

Thank’s for Ropieee

Roon won’t play higher than 192/24 to squeezelite regardless. Roon doesn’t officially support Squeezelite, only Squeezebox hardware which has a cap of 192/24. So doesn’t matter if squeezelite can go higher Roon will always be limited to 192/24 as PCM.

I use Ropieee Squeezelite with LMS not Roon.

Which release? The last 8.5.1 (build 1712096180) is ok but the previous had a bug (since 8.4.0)

LMS release 8.5.0

This being a Roon forum I expected you to be using Roon. You using it USB into the Amp/DAC/