Technique for faster copies to internal storage

I am copying 60GB of music from hard drive connected through USB on Intel NUC (Rock) to the same Intel NUC internal SATA hdd. Through osx filesystem, it estimates copying as 4 days! I wish there was a way to ssh to NUC to copy data faster. Any other tips on speeding this up without taking hdd out of the box?

move the usb drive to your mac.

1 Like

I recently switched to ROCK using the internal storage (SSD) for my music. After formatting the SSD I found that using my Macbook transferring the music stored on my NAS to the internal SSD was a very time consuming endeavor. It took 2,5 hour (estimation) to transport the music (500 gigs) from my NAS to the SSD. After three errors half way the process I got annoyed and transferred the SSD in a USB3 enclosure and was surprised it only took 30 minutes to transport the music this way. So just like the OP stated a better solution to copy it this way.

I have to say that ROCK is giving me a great musical experience so far. It’s light weight, snappy and very responsive. Although I have encountered several connection losses to my Aries (which I never had before running Roon core from my NAS). Restarting the software on the ROCK fixed these issues.