Tell me why HQ Player

Very Interesting… So, I can set the output of my Roon to HQP.

Gianluca no longer sells HQPlayer licenses. Only place to get a license is directly from Jussi

There is nothing compared to making the comparison yourself in your own rig. Since Jussi allows for about 30 minutes of listening on the trial software, repeatedly, your will be able to try for a longer period of time until deciding.

Check if any of your computers are worthy to implement some hard core algorithms; gen 9 or 10 Intel I7, or equivalent Ryzen. At least 8 cores, I recommend.

After trying, you will be a beleiver, without any doubt. If you will like it, is a different question. Anyone trying to isolate the music from ANY mains-, signal-, rig generated noise and any other irregularities will be blown away. Persons (n.b. without making any judgement) composing their rig to actually create a specific signature, e.g. tubes, esotheric improvements, etc, might be disappointed.

Even so, Jussi have made som setting options available to maintain the “analogue glow”, but in my personal opinion the opposite options of steep filters and moderate dither available let anyone dive into the fine, fine, grains of the music and arrangement. Pitch black background, dramatic dynamics and soundstage have awaken a completely new album library. No more harsch 80th recordings with sibilance killing your ears. Completely gone. Even goth metal I love, have taken large steps to revealing what is actually happening in the musical background. It is not a massive noise, it is violins, synths and choirs interacting in subtle playful artistic melodies, when the ringing and resonances are wiped off.

I simply love it, my friends do as well, my wife don’t, cuz my friends won’t go home … :slight_smile:

5 Likes