Telling Stories by Tracy Chapman

Content you’re reporting an issue with

As can be seen, most of the credited artists don’t perform on any track(s) and the primary artist entry for the Charlatans is wrong (for this album).

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files

Screenshot of import settings

Not relevant

Description of the issue

Must have been a charlatan who has entered the false data into MusicBrainz.

grafik

The primary artist is clearly wrong, but the credited artists did play on the album:

The problem here is that only TC is added to all tracks as an artist, most artists are just added on the album level but not on the track level. Emmylou Harris, however, is added to one track and therefore it looks weird and is simply incomplete.

I would certainly love if metadata was more complete and I wouldn’t be fixing and adding all the time but I hesitate to call it an issue here because then more than half of albums in Roon have issues.

The album credits:

The track credit with EH:

Yes, you are right regarding the credited artists (they are listed in the booklet).

The Charlatans album is titled “Tellin’ Stories” not “Telling Stories”

The faulty entry in MusicBrainz is a “clone” in the sense that it shares release metadata like release date, Label and Catalog number with Telling Stories by Tracy Chapman.

Thanks for reporting. I’ve submitted edits to MusicBrainz. You can see the open edits on this release here.

Unfortunately, this is a slow burn correction. It might take up to a week for the releases to be accepted into the MusicBrainz DB, then another week to be pulled into your library.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.