TestFlight Roon ARC expiring soon - Is an update Required?

Edited offending post …
:broken_heart:
Reading my post after being flagged, I realize how offending it’s been towards the early access group, so would like to apologize for me going overboard.
:bowing_man:
Should actually be more grateful to all you volunteers for helping to improve Roon!

Should’ve known better and kept silent, knowing I’m being amidst my first ever and pretty hefty COVID infection after four days of high fever, infuriating isolation for one full week already, still being fully positive - guess I’m edgy and forgot my good manners.
:mending_heart:
So, sorry again folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Well yeah but users who volunteer for testing should be treated well. They are an asset. Bugs can happen but neglect shouldn’t.

8 Likes

Funny I just switched over to iPad mini for primary use and completely forgot to get the early release version until now. Forgot how much better the user experience is in a tablet vs an iPhone. But think they’ve said for the most part production apps will still work with early release but there have been exceptions. I’m hoping this long turn around time means Tidal hires update is added and many some more major changes. Seemed like we were getting updates every 2 weeks at one point.

I don’t think the issue is frequency of updates. Clearly they are working on something bigger, that’s fine.

The issue is letting ARC on iOS expire because it’s not so easy for everyone to switch to production, as production wouldn’t have their downloads. Any no-change update with a new build number would have sufficed

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care too much if it wasn’t for downloading being so painfully slow. Can’t understand why that issue hasn’t been adressed yet

They said a few months ago that they were working on performance for downloads. May well all be in the making for a larger update, who knows

On that makes. I hardly use ARC, so forgot you can have local downloads.

My guess is normally the frequency of updates would have taken care of this. They must have just forgotten to renew the app.

1 Like

I just downloaded the production version from the App Store without deleting the EA version first. Can confirm that no data was erased and my downloads are all intact which is great. Also a survey popped up asking about the download speed among other stuff so hopefully that means they’re fixing it soon

1 Like

Everyone calm down. New version just released.

1 Like

Arc is back on TestFlight now, installed it with no data loss once again. So all is good for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also just realized there is no iPad optimized version yet. But that goes for Apple Classical too.

I assume version just released has no changes?

Probably, but it was pointed out in this thread 8 days ago. Surely someone must be watching the EA area for new topics/issues.

3 Likes

That’s great, thanks

Yep, that’s apparently on the roadmap

Something apparently changed compared to the last EA but the announcement says it’s the same as the last production release

Am I wrong or is the Android version downloading from the link always 207?:thinking:

So testers did what they have been asked to do. Point out problems, even when they haven’t occurred yet.

1 Like

I didn’t say they didn’t?

Haha, it wasn’t a point I wanted to make to you, but more to other people who have a different sentiment.
I don’t think people in Early Access can complain about issues/problems/bugs, that’s why you’ve joined. But just waiting to see the deadline pass by is another thing. (And we’ll survive this too… :smile:)

2 Likes

Hello All,

Thank you again for flagging us. This issue only occurred on non-staff Testflight accounts, which is why we didn’t initially observe this on our end, apologies for that. ARC Early Access builds should now be available for use, do let us know if you are still seeing otherwise. Thank you!

3 Likes