Thank goodness for EAC in Parallels (narrative guide to ripping CDs securely on Mac)

I use MusicBrainz (XLD has an option to get metadata from there instead). If the MusicBrainz entry doesn’t exist, I add it.

Note the “Get Metadata from URL…” option. It can take any MusicBrainz or Discogs link. That’s handy if you don’t want to add metadata.

That’s magic. Enabled me to get the CD from AccurateRip, when it wasn’t finding it before. Very very nice. So good.

2 Likes

Uncle.

XLD is so much better.

I’m glad I have parallels - it was so darn easy to set up. Totally worth the subscription for windows Excel alone. But there’s also a bunch of freeware / tools that work better in windows.

But XLD >> EAC.

No joke, far far better.

Thanks to all who convinced me to go for it.

2 Likes

I’ve just completed ripping my music CD collection to FLAC. Most albums dBpoweramp didn’t have issues with. However there were a handful of albums that dBpoweramp failed to read. Or failed to rip. XLD read those discs with no problems and ripped them successfully as well.

1 Like

Pro tips. Use Window mode instead of Coherence mode (unless you’re a psychopath). Lock down the VMs so they don’t have unlimited access to the Mac file system. Turn off all of the bi-directional app sharing. Just get a VM running in a Window. Use Snapshots. Use them often. When you want to evaluate or play with a piece of Windows software, create a snapshot. If it doesn’t play out, just revert.

Thanks for this chat on ripping. I learned a few things. Appreciate it!