That's incredible

Hi all,
Tidal is a great service but its engineers must pay attention to the tracks tha are MQA certified.
For example the MQA Diana Krall album “All for you” presents audible digital clicks.
You can try yourself, put you ears near the speaker.
I tested the tracks on Tidal Windows app (mqa decoder-renderer) and Roon on Windows + MacOS and two different dacs.
I was getting crazy because I was thinking my first tested dac was broken.
Ok it’s an 1996 album but in the digital Hi-Fi Res era clicks aren’t acceptable, on vinyls yes.
On Tidal there are lots of tracks with the same issue.
Is it possible that Diana Krall audio engineers haven’t tested this MQA version before to release it?
I can’t test the same tracks on iTunes because I haven’t renewed the subscription.

regards

@gabriele_gelfo

I’ve listened to most of the tracks on that album today and I don’t hear any digital clicks. Don’t think I’ve ever heard them on any Tidal MQA content.

WiFi -> Pi 3 B+ running RoPieee -> Schiit Wyrd USB Decrapifier -> Dragonfly Red -> Denon AVR -> ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

I bought the Schiit Wyrd USB Decrapifier thinking I would use it with something I was considering purchasing but when my plans changed I hooked it up to the Dragonfly Red so I could get some use out of it. I don’t know that it makes an audible difference. Last summer I was using a Dragonfly Black without the Schiit and I don’t remember any digital clicks with it either.

Tim

1 Like

I don’t hear any strange clicks either. I wonder if it’s just the background sounds that the musicians are making as they play their instruments, that you’re hearing as clicks @gabriele_gelfo ?

I think the recording quality is so good that this might be coming through. Same through Apple Music too…