The Best Display

I am a newbie to Roon. I am incredibly grateful for everything that has helped me in this community!
Last week I installed ROCK … and I am fascinated!!
Specification for my NUC: 8i7BEH, 1x8G ddr4 2666, 256G M.2 SSD, 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD, AKASA FANLESS.

What is the best option as a touchscreen for control of ROCK?

1 Like

IMHO, iPad and/or laptop. I prefer laptop.

1 Like

I keep an 8" Fire Tablet in a charging cradle, screen set to be always on. Do a search on the forum for the details. Works quite well.

1 Like

Good setup for Roon. I have the NUC8I7BEH without the fanless case.

Currently use an IPAD Pro 12.9. Everyone has different needs and uses. Keep mine mounted and dedicated to remote use for the entertainment system in the living room. Have to stand by the shelve to use it but that keeps the family and visitors from messing with it (past tense, not an issue now). Of course the stand is portable if I get banished to the kitchen zone.

Also use my laptop with a 27 inch monitor and USB keyboard and mouse for relaxed use, setting at my desk doing music searches.

Welcome aboard and enjoy…

2 Likes

Without doubt an iPad , I used a Mini but just upgraded to iPad Pro 12.9 with absolutely no regrets

If money no object 12.9 pro, it’s the only iPad that does portrait and landscape

2 Likes

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, works without any problem.
Be careful with smaller Android tablets, though - at some point, only portait mode will be available (depends on the number of display pixels, I think).

Edit: found a related thread.

1 Like

Also watch out that any Samsung device supports OpenGL 3 otherwise Roon will not run

Some older devices don’t eg my Samsung Tab A 6 inch

1 Like

My iPad Mini 4 works perfectly. However, it’s a little small for my taste, so I use my Dell XPS 15 laptop 99 percent of the time. If I was looking for a new device, I would probably go with a 12.9 inch iPad Pro.

1 Like

The large iPad pro is expensive, but is light, has a great display and is pretty responsive. Plus you can use it for other things…

2 Likes

Hi Mike.
I am super satisfied with ROCK. The sound is much better!! I really appreciate your contributions in this community!!

1 Like

Hi @Rolf_S I am going to follow your suggestion only that I am going to buy the Samsung Tab S7. I think that will serve me!!

Make sure you do your homework before purchasing an Android device to use as a Roon control device. I’m not sure the Roon Android app is as good as the IOS app and may have some issues. I haven’t tried it except briefly with an old Nexus 7, so don’t take my word for it.

I would do some searches on this forum and read through a few threads on this topic.

1 Like

Perfect. I appreciate your recommendation @Jim_F , I am going to find information about this!!!

1 Like

Check for Open GL3 support before you buy

Roon app will not run without it , not all Samsung devices support it

1 Like

Perfect @Mike_O_Neill . Thanks for the help!!