The Beta Channel: what's cooking? Now at 4.019 (2021/11/13)

I think that the first bullet describes what’s happening.

But I also think that this is a ‘chicken-and-egg’ problem :wink:

Anyways, you can always get the new version by reflashing.

is there an option to apt-get or the like?

If you really want this new version (I don’t, nothing of interest there), then you can just remove the directory. RoPieee will fetch it automatically on it’s next reboot.

I did just restart a beta ropieee system but it didnt update the roon bridge version in the Roon | settings | About list - doesn’t bother me as no issues with anything as it is anyway…just a datapoint for you.

ok thanks, so just delete the RoonBridge directory on the SD card and it should automatically download the latest Roonbridge version, right?

I haven’t looked at the directory names yet, no problem locating it and no foolishness to do by deleting a directory that shouldn’t be?

@spockfish ## Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 5e99049d43cc7361

This one restarted but not showing up as a roon bridge or in roon audio despite being online as an airplay device. it has 2 USB DAC’s attached

Oh it took a while but now its showing up - odd they usually get listed faster - but this is a RPi 4 maybe slower to get settled in.

still no Roon Bridge update tho.

Grab 2021-07-29 at  15.24.14

rm -rf /opt/RoonBridge

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I’m pretty new to Linux :frowning:
How can I run this command “rm -rf /opt/RoonBridge” from a Win10 PC which is on the network?
Ropieee: 192.168.0.x
PC Win: 192.168.0.xx
Thanks

I suggest you don’t.

There is literally nothing to get from the latest version from RoonBridge.
I’ll create a button on the advanced tab to do this.

1 Like

Harry maybe in the information tab you could also list the current versions of things like Roon Bridge / Shairplay / NAA / LibreSpot etc

Great. In a hurry to have this new Beta :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Yes certainly compared to the current Roonbridge version. But this can be useful for future versions of RoonBridge which will be more interesting.

The update of Roon Bridge went well with the latest version.
Thank you very much for the reactivity with the beta 4.005 which manages this now.
Small question: will you have to redo this operation each time a new version of Roon Bridge is released, or the update will be automatic through Roon?

Updates of RoonBridge are automatic.

But they are extremely rare (on average once a year or so) and the latest on did not update automatically for everyone.

And to be clear: 4.005 had no fix for that so I guess it did automatically update for you :wink:

Sorry, beta 4.006 with the yellow buttton “reinstall Roon Bridge” :smirk:
Updates of RoonBridge are automatic => very good

Yeah you were quick. :wink:

Button is work in progress.

Actually I was sucked into pressing the yellow button, even though I knew the overwhelming likelihood would be zero difference to my setup. :slight_smile: The web interfacing urging me to be patient stayed that way for a long time - maybe 10 minutes? I lost patience, and pulled the plug on the Pi. Plugged it back in, and everything went back to normal. Including the yellow button. I kind of expected it to go away, like the USB FW Version one did after the update. Kind of confused, but glad the thing still works after my impatience! :slight_smile:

All good… you can update from the Roon Settings About area if you want to too.

For clarity to other RoPieee users who have asked about this, the new Roon Bridge update is made possible by v814 released by Roon. No RoPieee change required, and beta version usage not required.

3 Likes

4.008 (2021/07/30)

As @Nathan_Wilkes already mentioned the latest stable release of Roon fixed the “help my Roon Bridge won’t update and I really need it bad” kinda situation, but I built it anyway: from now on you can trigger a reinstall from scratch (and thus you get the latest version) from the RoPieee interface.

The chance that you need this option in the feature is somewhere around 0.2%, but still it’s nice to have it :wink:

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 Likes