The BIG fight against noise in the audio setup

It filters noises in the head, probably, If I’ve spent 2000 Euro on that much snake oil, I’d sure believe it reduces noise, too!

5 Likes

Do you need one for each of the voices in your head? I wonder if they have a discount for 6………:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just have a look for example at Network Acoustics Muon network system - YouTube or https://www.networkacoustics.com/advice-faq/
Always funny to see people with absolutely no experience of a product, not even demoed it are talking big.
But we’ll it‘s the current state of Internet unfortunately and when COVID is over there seems to be more spare time to fill :smile:

As amusing as listening to people with no expertise in a subject telling people who have that they know better due to their extraordinary listening abilities?

2 Likes

Don’t know if you are trying to misread my posting by intention. It’s just about bringing a new product to attention - and for those interesting / willing taking the opportunity for a no-brained 30 days trial.

And obviously really amusing to see you judging about my expertise in the last couple of decades :wink:

It’s an “audiophile” product. They’ll probably add a markup.

1 Like

To anyone who actually knows anything about physics, computers, or really had just paid attention in high school, their FAQ alone is sufficient to realize that the product does (at best) nothing. You don’t need “experience” to understand that it will do about as much for SQ as shoving a magic crystal inside your amplifier.

Say, you wouldn’t have some financial interest in the product, would you?

3 Likes

Haha just because someone is convinced about a product doesn’t necessarily mean the person is involved in the company or has any benefit from it :blush:
Following this commercial approach many companies around the world with positive speaking customers would have gone bankrupt.

Well if you believe there is just bits, TCP/IP is a hero etc and noise doesn’t have any effect on a network / streaming environment … well then you either rethink your state of knowledge, or most likely skip all this anyway and stick with what you believe works.

I don’t mean any offense to anyone, but repeating the same old erroneous arguments over and over is just plain tiresome. We should be learning and evolving, not calling each other names. Analog audio problems just don’t exist when the stuff is data. Now let’s accept that and move on.

4 Likes

Audible audio problems just don’t exist when the stuff is data.

@mikeb , apologies for the plagiarism :wink:

So in your „reality“ every streamer sounds the same. You should tell LINN, LUMIN and all other companies investing a lot into R&D to develop and enhance their products :wink:

But the corollary is that, just because they’re convinced about a product, doesn’t mean they are right.

The best scamsters have always had innocent dupes promoting their bogus products via word of mouth. Extreme cases of confirmation bias. Bernie Madoff’s business famously spread via word of mouth, for instance. The customers acting as what Lenin is said to have called “useful idiots”.

Just another warning not to depend on others’ reports of their experience, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Not sure if this was for me? I’m only saying that I have never heard an audible noise issue that emanates from a Ethernet cable or connection. Every streamer sounding the same is a completely different thing. These boutique devices to somehow fix or enhance simple mundane data transfer transmissions makes no logical sense as @Boris_Molodyi points out and my experience in the field of communications has never shown me different.

1 Like

Well the world and every industry in the meantime is full of underdelivering / fake products.
But it would be the very very poor scamsters to offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Once again: this thread should be about suggestions, experiences concerning to the question raised by the OP.
It’s off course up to anybody anyway to not read this thread, which is not about trying to convince anybody of something. This is an idea/exchange area not another „let’s hijack this thread“ and silence anybody with a different view.

I very much do hope there can be a more chilling approach in the ROON forum like in many other places on the net.

So @Markus_Hubner , please share your personal experience with this piece of kit. Maybe some other people will give it a go based upon your feedback. 30 days testing is a fair deal for certain. I’ve got no issues to solve presently and would have no reason to invest in such a non logical device.

This was for you as you wrote

And streamers (just in the function as a digital transport, with no DAC) definitely are capable of making a difference.
I absolutely have to admit that after more than 25 years in IT up to a few years ago I also couldn’t imagine why there should / could be a difference. But listening to different streamers (who have different approaches in fighting noise) like LINN, LUMIN or newer vendors like the Grimm MU1 it’s exciting to see what potential of improvement / difference there is. And it’s also (admittedly to a far far lesser extent of different Ethernet cables).

Regarding the ENO/Muon you might as has been posted previously watch the YouTube video of Hans B. to get an idea. And there has been posted a photo of an opened box of what components this noise filtering consists.

I very much would recommend to try out listening to the effect a fiber media converter can have in an audio setup. Which based on your current assumption there shouldn’t be any as everything has been wired by Ethernet before. But there is one - though this has also some drawbacks.
Hope you have a friend or you can lend some devices from a local dealer to try in your home setup.

What is your current setup?

I actually was under the impression that you were talking about getting an Ethernet data transmission from point A to point B, this is a very simple transmission that could only be elevated to a risky proposition by the audiophile community and the marketing department of some companies.

Personally my audio equipment is rather mid-fi by boutique “Audiophile” standards. Better than my personal hearing probably deserves, I don’t listen thru a oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer but I do know how to use them.

I have several across two different homes and my business location, bunch of random junk :wink:

Not at all. It gives a scent of seriousness (while no money back would immediately expose the scam) and people want to believe, anyway.

It’s also not very different from what’s required by law in the first place (14 days for online purchases)

2 Likes

Right back at you, which system of yours did the muon device have the most profound impact? I’ll keep an open mind if you can testify that it has made a positive impression on you. Maybe you have to use it on a very high end equipment? But that would be saying that the manufacturer of said high end equipment didn’t do a very good job in the first place………paradoxical huh? Maybe it will help more with lower quality equipment? Lipstick on a pig? I don’t understand what the point would be?

1 Like

… is analogous to Don Quixote’s fight against the windmills …

Some may love to indulge in chasing inaudible noise…

I rather enjoy listening to some new and fresh Qobuz releases…

Have a peaceful weekend, everybody

7 Likes