The current roon server version is not compatible with qnap 5.0.x firmware version

QNAP NAS TVS-672XT

For the first time the Roon Server in NAS (V2021-10-03) even as mentioned “insatlled” does not show any activity and hence the app window comes totally empty.

I HAVE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY QNAP THAT THE CURRENT ROON SERVER VERSION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH QNAP 5.0.X FIRMWARE VERSION.
SO, I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR A NEW VERSION OF ROON.

I think I will need to DOWNGRADE my QNAP QTS version. The problem began with th upgrade of QNAP Software.

Hi @O_Nuri_Ozgirgin ,

Have you followed the instructions from the RoonOnNAS install guide?

https://roononnas.org/en/qnap/

Maybe to elaborate on the link by @noris:

1 Like

Thank you, This is an important remark.
The version still being forced by QNAP (they were not so generous as Roon group) is 5.1.0.2348 Public Beta - this was also what was in my hardware . Due to the advise by Roon I decided to DOWNGRADE to 5.1.0.2346 (the version that you mention here) they did not propose to let me do it. Indeed this version is completely compatible with Roon. Of course I returned back to previous version. But all my previously done adjustments were gone. I am happy playing Roon.
They do officially propose a version that is incomplete and when claimed they say NO for downgrading and else they mention that it will take time (may be months) managing this. This is not acceptable.

1 Like

Hi O_Nuri, I just stepped into the same trap with this specific qts update. So probably I also will have to downgrade, but what do you mean by

[quote=“O_Nuri_Ozgirgin, post:6, topic:239154”]
all my previously done adjustments
[/quote]?

Did you loose all adjustments of roon, or qts? The second case would be a horror scenario to me.

The quote didn’t work because of the question mark you added directly after the closing bracket. So in case you didn’t reply directly to @O_Nuri_Ozgirgin’s post (which the forum software doesn’t make obvious to me), they won’t get alerted. (You can still edit that)
Oh, and you need an @ in front of someone’s username to tag them with a notification.

Dear All,
It is not understandable what QNAP does because it is obvious that QNAP has a contract with Roon to adapt Server as an application into its hardware. Of course for a fluent flow of music some type (pentium based) of hardware is needed. But after settling this application it is not acceptable that they do not put Roon Server application into their currently proposed software: 5.1.0.2348. When I claimed to QNAP they respond that their representative says that he will introduce to programmers my claim as a “feature request”. Roon’s party in QNAP is NOT a kind of “feature request” it is a responsibility. Roon should not let QNAP to play with its users.

1 Like

I exactly mentioned to QNAP officially within their survey:
You officially announce that you include Roon Server among your applications, even by proposing to have high level hardware. But you do not put it into your updates. Your representative mentions that this will be a “feature request”. You cannot convert your main feature to a “request”. It is your responsibility

It’s a Beta. Wait until final release.

I confirm: Roon is not working on QNAP 5.0.1.2376

Yes but QNAP encourages to update with this Beta version. At least it should be optional, and there should be reminder.

For my part I downgraded qts to 5.0.1, which worked well at first, but after a few hours many apps stopped working and I had to reinstall them. To cut it down on roon, afterwards everything works like a charm, so it’s clearly qnaps fault, that the beta screws roon. But I have to claim, that I’m not that happy about roon’s support on NAS systems. Outsourcing to a third person, which does not take notice of such a topic in the community, while the official support does not take action as well, is not meeting my expectations…

Dear All,

I’m running QNAP firmware 5.0.1.2376 en Roon Server

Version : 2.0 (build 1259) production
QPKG-Version : 2023-03-07

No problems so far (this weekend a new final release was posted on the QNAP APP CENTRE)

Dear Pascal,
I realized that, but I was hesitant. Did this solve the problem?

I am currently using Roon and I have two Roon Cores. I am using a QNAP TVS-h874 and a TVS-672XT and both are using 5.0.1.2376 with Roon 2.0 build 1272 with no issues.

I use NAS QNAP TS-453D 2x8Go RAM with firmware QTS 5.0.1.2248
Today i loose acces to Roon Core
What i do ?

I am currently using Roon and I have two Roon Cores. I am using a QNAP TVS-h874 and a TVS-672XT and both are using 5.0.1.2425 with Roon 2.0 build 1277 with no issues.

If this is beta version, Roon and QNAP cannot achieve full compatibility. The best is to step back the previous version of QNAP software by having backup of your QNAP Setup information. I learned that we should not use any beta version

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.