The horrors of outdoor concerts

Makes a lot of good points…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/stop-pretending-youre-having-fun-at-this-outdoor-concert/2019/07/12/0315d242-a290-11e9-b732-41a79c2551bf_story.html

Strong disagree! Sitting outside in the summer listening to music with a cold beverage is, in my opinion, one of life’s great pleasures.

I can understand some of this with regards to festivals, but to generalize to this degree kinda reeks of clickbait.

Anyway – my top 4 outdoor concert venues, in no particular order, because I can’t think of a 5th that I really love:

• Celebrate Brooklyn at Prospect Park Bandshell
  • Summerstage in Central Park
  • Forest Hills Stadium
  • Tanglewood

For good measure, Petty at Forest Hills in 2017:

1 Like

Well, I’ve been to some sweet concerts at Stern Grove and Filoli myself. Still, in a mosquito-ridden environment, I sympathize with his issues.

1 Like

You’ve obviously never been to Merriweather Post or Wolf Trap. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man, those both look great! Who have you seen?

I was born in DC, so I grew up “in the beltway” and have been going to shows in both places since junior high. Recently, Sigor Ros last year at Merriweather, and Jackson Brown a couple of months ago and Yes last year at Wolf Trap.

I should see shows more often at merriweather since I live literally 2.9 miles away. I could walk there.

1 Like

My first concert ever was Lollapalooza '92 when I was a teenager and I’ve enjoyed myself immensely at countless outdoor concerts ever since. But I’ll take a mid-size concert club or theatre live experience over an outdoor venue any day.

2 Likes