The Importance of Social Contact in Covid-19 Isolation

I just wanted to say how important these forms of communication are, in these extraordinary times.

I’ve never met anyone personally from/via the forum, but (through various threads) seem to be in regular contact with many people, albeit in the ‘virtual world’.

I now face the prospect myself of self-isolation in the near future, if/when the UK Government decide the impose self-isolation for ‘vulnerable adults’ (I suffer from Asthma).

I just wanted to stress that forums do indeed play a valuable role in maintaining the social fabric of society, and staving-off isolation and poor mental-health.

Let’s all ‘Be Careful Out There’, and look-after each other in these testing times…

My best wishes to you all.

19 Likes

Hill Street Blues. I used to love that show, had forgotten until your post.
Thanks for the reminder, and best wishes Martin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve met a few from the forum here in Singapore over the years and nice folks I must say even though meeting up at this current time is somewhat difficult. Chat quite often to many of them via txts.

Even some of the regulars on here I exchange pm’s with when matters come up that get ones interest. You know who you are :star_struck:

1 Like

Cheers Mike. And all the best to you! :+1:

I remembered the show when I started saying ‘Let’s be careful out there’ to people at work. It reminded me about what a great show it was :grinning:

All the best Martin.

An important statement in these crazy times.

1 Like

Cheers Wayne! :grinning:

A VERY worthwhile video to watch:

I think there is a possibility of generational warfare over this virus. Witness Spring Break, where thousand of kids pack together like sardines on the beaches. A veritable petri dish.

Elders are getting pOed at this behavior, making comparisons to their own sacrifices in war.

Not good.

A friend passed on a tweet today (I refuse to use Twitter):

Your grandparents were called to war.
You’ve been asked to sit on your sofa.
You can do this.

5 Likes

And, for you conspiracy fans, some are now saying this was just another salvo in the Trade War versus the United States. If so, it has been a damn sight more effective than atomic bombs.

Effective? It seems (if true - which, of course, it damn well isn’t) to be a case of MAD

Did you see the singer “chick” (intentional slur) who blames 5G

if this was an intentional part of a “Trade War” it was an awful miscalculation. what it will eventually do is show how foolish it is to have one nation responsible for a majority of the manufacture of critical goods to a sovereign nation in order to maintain its sovereignty.

Can we nix the conspiracy theory talk?

5 Likes

I agree. I started it. enuf

1 Like

Never mind. No need to go there. We will fix things with our next election.

2 Likes

A message from the rest of us: see that you do, for all our sakes.

5 Likes

Ah its 8 days since anyone posted on here :wink:
So social distancing is hard I have to admit. No football (Newcastle U so maybe a blessing in disguies. No golf …but yes plenty of music. Imagine a life without music. I just cant if I am honest. Its at times like this that I realise how lucky I am to have a love of music. I think about some of my friends and colleagues who dont have this passion for music and I genuinely feel for them as they have no idea what they are missing.
I hope you are all bearing up well

2 Likes

That’s the goal. Ironically, after the last election, a friend and I discussed that we might get through this if there are no major world crises over the following 4 years. Well, here we are.

I appreciate the sentiment in this post. I appreciate all of our “forum friends” here!

2 Likes