The King’s Coronation

A great day here in the UK.

It’s a spectacle. No matter what your constitutional views are re: a Republic vs Monarchy etc, it’s still amazing to watch.

Long live the King! :smiley:

7 Likes

An alternate view is that it a very expensive vanity project, that is forced upon those of us who would prefer that the Royal Family had retired with the late Queen’s passing.

16 Likes

Yes, there will always be that perspective. And of course, you’re fully entitled to it :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s very gracious of you, im not sure i needed your permission though.

8 Likes

My wife and I share these sentiments. Sad that this may sound.

But for my two 6 year old girls, who still believe in fairies and all that are really into it today. TV on in readiness.

Maybe things would be different if it was William instead?

It’s that we had a Queen for 70 years and many of us don’t appreciate the time before her. It’s not like Prime Ministered who come and go.

God save the King :crown:

1 Like

I knew it - Elvis isn’t dead after all. Long live THE King! :wink:

7 Likes

I love it! :laughing:

3 Likes

I can’t be too unhappy today though, i’m still celebrating the results of the Local Government elections yesterday.

Power to the People!

10 Likes

:fist:

1 Like

:fist: Comrade!

1 Like

I asked Alexa for a coronation playlist but she would not oblige. Got one?

I’m guessing this may need to be in it

My wife is downstairs watching and enjoying the spectacle and I am upstairs with my music.
I don’t need to express any views :grin: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

My girls got bored. Now watching Tinkerbell :man_fairy::woman_fairy::fairy:

6 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

I’m replacing a downlighter, there were a lot of non-tradesmen in Screwfix :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Always are. :grimacing:

More than normal. Escapees.

2 Likes

You might need to wait for Glen Matlock to work out what he can imaginatively rhyme with “king”! :laughing:

2 Likes

As posted previously….

6 Likes