The ripped CD is not visible on ROON album

I finished ripping as shown in the image above, but I can’t see it in the album below.

What kind of problem is it?

It is possible that Roon has not been able to identify the album. The workaround here is to use a third-party metadata editor (e.g. Mp3tag or dBpoweramp) to insert metadata into the ripped files directly. Then at least Roon will use the metadata in the file tags and display the album in the Album browser. It will still display “Unidentified” on the album page, but if you click this, it will take you to the Album editor, where you can attempt a manual identification with the contents of Roon’s album database.

My advice don’t use Roons ripper it’s way too limited in every way. If it’s a brand new release it’s often not in the gracenote ccdb so a lot of rippers don’t recognise them for a day or so until it is. Had a number of brand new releases not have any data available when I used the ripper roon uses.

I ripped and tag my music locally and then upload it to my music server.
A benefit for me is that the uploaded music to the server is one of my backups.

–MD

1 Like

Regardless of whether Roon has identified the album or not, it should appear on the home page in the Recent Activity ‘Added’ strip. Does it? Similarly you can sort Album view by date added and it should show up there.