The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds - Poll

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds
  • Yea
  • Nay
  • Meh
0 voters
4 Likes

I voted “Yea” since I find that the album is really quite good and sounds like Mick, Keith and the rest of all those involved worked hard to create an album that captures the classic sound of the Rolling Stones. In other words, Hackney Diamonds is NOT a hastily slapped together collection of previously tossed aside songs but instead is really fine collection of well written, carefully produced and artfully played rockers.

12 Likes

Have to agree - very pleasantly surprised by it.

5 Likes

It gets my Ya-Ya’s out!

6 Likes

Nothing really new here, its a good listen but I have no urge to own it or listen to it a great many times as its a far away from being a classic. I dont tend to listen to much Stones past Exile on Main St tbh.

4 Likes

What?..supposedly it’s all new… not a re-hash of old songs like they did a bunch of times before…I’m not sure what you were looking for but sounds very good to me…even if Mick is 80 yrs on this earth

Its nothing new musically, they maybe new songs but its all treading well walked ground.

1 Like

At first no, but after repeated listenings not too bad. Good to hear new stuff tho

(I got much) satisfaction listening to this album.

1 Like

I can’t say that I totally disagree but hey, Mick and Keith wrote the book on how rock and roll is supposed to sound, so they get a pass.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with that at all.

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you vote? Kinda sounds like you’re a “Meh”.

It was a Nah! It’s not Meh! Just don’t need any more stones albums the older ones do it all and better in my opinion. Not to knock them for their age they rock, but there comes a time when you don’t need any more albums by a band if they really are not moving in new directions or pushing the envelope. It’s not a bad album it’s just one I really don’t need or has the draw to pull me back.

2 Likes

I completely understand you however one can never have enough Rolling Stones :rofl:

1 Like

Mine have stopped Rolling and gathered moss :wink:

1 Like

I voted yeah but that’s mainly because I’m amazed that they have any creative energy left.
Sweet Sounds of Heaven is an immediate classic Stones track. Most of the rest of the album is mediocre but just having one great track is quite an accomplishment for the Glimmer Twins.

4 Likes

Hey Gypsy…they are the ENVELOPE!

Wisdom and rock and blues. I felt one song was yuck but I’m having a hard time remembering which one now. It grows on you. I hated the RS in high school thought they were just for girls. :confused: I now appreciate them much much more.

2 Likes

Rock album of the year. Old geezers showing these young whippersnappers how it’s done.

6 Likes

Stones are the most boring band ever, Always have been.

2 Likes