The Roon User Guide

Just to weigh in here – first let me say that I really appreciate the effort here. We know there has been some demand for a PDF version of the Knowledge Base, and while we have not decided to release that for now, I really do appreciate the effort involved here.

That said, we had some specific reasons we decided not to release a PDF version of the Knowledge Base. The first reason was that it would require a reworking of our Knowledge Base software, or a huge amount of manual work, as you surely know by now :wink:

Moreover, the Knowledge Base is very much a living document. We have some medium-term plans to broadly re-organize the structure of the content, but we also have 3 or 4 new articles being drafted right now, and edits are happening on a constant basis – nearly 50 changes in the last few weeks alone.

Point being, if this makes it easier for you to browse the Knowledge Base on your iPad, that’s great, and I’m sure the effort is appreciated by the community. Just understand that the PDF is almost certainly going to be outdated in a few weeks, and the PDF version shouldn’t really be a substitute for the current documentation, which is often edited and updated in response to feedback or issues that come up in Support.

@Michael_Whitehead – if you have some broader feedback on the structure and organization of the Knowledge Base, please feel free to elaborate or drop me a PM and we can discuss in more detail.

Thanks again!

cc @dylan

3 Likes