The Rudy Free New IFi Zen Stream Thread

If you have read through the original thread then you will see repeated comments early on that we recommend it for Roon and HQPlayer only in the early days.

Tidal connect looks to have got much better now.
I have not tried Airplay or Spotify connect in a while, but they were less than great last time I tried them.

Truthfully I bought it just to use with Roon and a couple of headphones amplifiers and it fulfils that job perfectly and never slips a beat.

It does sound excellent,and even Rudy with his awful experience, admitted that when it worked for him (don’t even ask) it sounded amazingly good.

Hopefully this helps

1 Like

jst sold my ares2 so I’m looking at dacs,gustard x16 interests me the most,anyone using one with the zen stream?How’s the experience

Hi James
I think @David_Snyder has one of these, though not sure if he used it with the Stream or not.

Pretty sure he is a big fan of the Gustard and hopefully he will pop in and respond to your request.

After talking with David I bought an X16 too and have been quite happy with it so far.
I have it feed back to my integrated and onto a headamp at the same time from both it’s XLR and RCA outputs

1 Like

I had totally forgotten you had one of them as well.
Buy I guess you got it after you shipped your Zen Stream off to your daughter

2 Likes

A level headed review….

5 Likes

Crispy then…! Nice Christmas jumper too😂