➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

It’s quite a table although being fully suspended its different to what I’m used to.
And handling the wibbly wobbly Graham arm is disconcerting when also not used to a unipivot of this caliber.
The Nottingham table I had was a unipivot but I don’t remember it feeling like this.

I need to upgrade the cartridge though, it deserves much better than the Goldring.
I fancy trying a Soundsmith MI cartridge.
Any experience with them?

2 Likes

Kind of irrelevant whatever it end up at, it’s on order and I will enjoy it immensely I’m sure.
It was a throwaway comment really.

I have never used a Graham, so i didn’t know they were unipivots? :slight_smile:

The Brinkmann arm is a “hybrid Unipivot”, a bit like Kuzma’s 4point. It behaves just like “normal” arms though. And the Kuzma Stogi S is effectively dampened by the silicon fluid so behaving well also.

I have had some experience with a VPI Classic where the arm was a bit wobbly though, but quite heavy.

Anyways, give it some time and you might be more familiar with the behaviour! :+1:

1 Like

I have a SS Zephyr, MKIII sitting unused. I hadn’t really thought about selling it, but it you’re interested it could probably be had w/o too much effort.

Pm sent sir!

I am loving mine. When I got it I asked my dealer what the little fabric coaster was for, “why the record clamp”, he responded. How classy is that. It makes me smile when I see it and really smile when it is playing!

1 Like

I confess I never expected to see another Hawkwind fan on this forum!

2 Likes

Really…lol.
I think you will find there are more here than you think!

Lemmy era Hawkwind is my favorite but I have a soft spot for anything Calvert had a hand in tbh

2 Likes

Finally arrived at my door step :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Very nice and that’s always worth some extra
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

The new Van Morrison album.

7 Likes

Jack delivers!

7 Likes

Something for a Sunday morning via Craft Records -

3 Likes

Analog or digital recording? I’m not asking about the LP, which is obviously analog but the actual studio recording.

I have this Azar vinyl from a ways back (1974 recording so the recording and master are 100% analog):

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Old school original pressing :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I don’t know, there is no information about the recording format on the album cover.

Nonetheless it’s a good album. Enjoy!

The Hana ML soaking up good vibrations from the new Black Keys - Dropout Boogie on ltd white vinyl. The Brinkmann Bardo provides the rotations and the 10.0 tonearm is holding on to the cart.

7 Likes