➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

Don’t know how much you want to spend, but if I was in the market…….

Gets fantastic reviews and about US$2500, cartridge included.

Oops, never mind. I just looked at the price of the Ikea.

1 Like

Ha ha thanks for the share
I was looking at the Pro-Ject Pro S as my first choice, but the wife doesn’t want a TT in the house.

So I am planning on getting something in the house if possible just to get her used to having one in the house.
Broached it with her today :see_no_evil::flushed:

1 Like

And you are still alive…so that’s a good start👍

1 Like

And I barely have a bruise to show for it :joy_cat:

1 Like

Yepp, built in phono pre, which surprised by sounding quite nice! (And no discernible hum or noise) Just a little bit low on gain.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting. I’m sure they’ll be flying off the shelves!

Here you go @Michael_Harris

One of my colleagues is looking to pre order next month.

I am slowly getting away from Sonos, even though it is all working again after yet another rebuild. But for how long who knows.

It’s a great idea though and when I showed it to my colleague he was all over it.

1 Like

Breached is such a lovely word!! It may only need a partial breach and If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.

1 Like

5 Likes

Very nice album!

2 Likes

Still with the original plastic shrink wrap and sticker. From 1978. Available on Tidal.

And in digital but without the shrink wrap and sticker :grin::

I still have quite a bit of this 1970s Canterberry prog-rock on original vinyl, not so easy to get a hold of here in the US back in the day. Living in the greater NYC area helped, especially all those great Greenwich Village record shops, my second home back in the 1970s.
Besides NH there’s Soft Machine, Matching Mole, Hatfield and the North, Caravan, Henry Cow, Gilgamesh and others.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Continuing the 1970s Canterberry prog-rock on original vinyl:

Up next:

I may have mentioned this in an earlier post on this thread but it bears repeating. Any inexpensive tablet stand with a decent lip makes a great stand for displaying the album cover of your “now playing” LP. Amazon has many such stands available for under $10

5 Likes

Now back to some jazz and great, in fact essential jazz, at that:

Pretty good sound for recordings made in 1940 but then Duke Ellington’s recordings always had great sound.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Someone had a flooded cellar and put some records by the road. I took this one with me - record is fine, runs perfectly, music is not one hundred percent mine… But may stay. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes

@UliR Have not listened to that album, but love every pic of your deck.

1 Like

Next Sophia album. Cheers @Fergus_B!

7 Likes