➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

The birth of country rock? Nonetheless a fantastic album that still sounds great. And all analog to boot(hill). :grin:

9 Likes

either there, or here.

3 Likes

Hi. I understand your method. But it is compromised by experiences that can be disastrous. Listen to the Duke Ellington Jazz Violin Session vinyl (masterful) and listen to the streaming on Qobuz (disastrous). It’s sometimes hard to understand. So referring to the streaming first can make you miss some great things in vinyl.

1 Like

Are you listening to an original 1976 all analog pressing or a newer, remastered version? It’s more than likely that the remastered version (if it exists) was made from digital masters and those digital masters are the same ones being used by Qobuz.

1 Like

I sure do miss those gatefold LP covers

6 Likes

Spirit were not on my radar when this came out in 1970 Being a school boy my pocket / birthday/ Xmas money went on Black Sabbath,Led Zep,Santana,CCR,and Hendrix who was totally my favourite but went and died on me.
Funnily enough I also liked Dave Brubeck which was kept to myself at the time.

3 Likes

10 Likes

@Jazzfan_NJ
I am listening to the 1976 pressing. I have no information that there was a remastering of this record.

(listening to Jazz since 1969 ! Don’t panic !)

2 Likes

Since the Duke Ellington Jazz Violin Session has been issued on CD then there has to be a digitally remastered version somewhere. What I was referring to was whether or not the vinyl you were listening to was an original 1976 pressing or a reissue. I also don’t know if the album has ever been reissued on vinyl (highly doubtful).

fwiw, the Tidal MQA version sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

Since I’ve been busy trashing audiophiles over on this thread: Streamer nonsense I figured that I would offer the audiophiles an olive branch with one of their sacred recordings, as per the HP Super List. By the way, this all analog original pressing does sound very, very good and has very good music as well (a rare thing for the HP Super List):

5 Likes

Don’t consider myself one of those audiophiles, but it has been one of my favorite albums from the day I bought it on release date (CD sorry)
It had the old AAD marker on it

1 Like

Shame on you :rofl:

1 Like

Inspired by @RodS and @AceRimmer i put on my copy from 1973 as well. Mine is a very boring black vinyl not the shiny Yellow one that Rod has. Most enjoyable all the same.

8 Likes

Had to put this on first for Mrs Ferg. Been a long time since it has seen a spinning platter!!

4 Likes

Was thinking about playing Famous Blue Raincoat after Elton as well. But decided, given it is a very rainy and sodden Sunday morning here that I didn’t want to get enveloped in too much nostalgia. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well I do have Yellow Brick Road on vinyl and SACD too but my record is just the boring black stuff too😁

1 Like

Boring black stuff isn’t bad, as long as it’s all analog boring black stuff. :grin:

4 Likes

Will be seeing them live tomorrow in Düsseldorf. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

The Kills - Blood Pressures

5 Likes