➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2022-03]

The “hidden gem” in the Fleetwood Mac catalogue. Original US pressing

For those of you are unfamiliar with “Then Play On” this remastered and expanded version is available in high resolution on Tidal (MQA) and Qobuz (24bit/192kHz) and it sounds just as good as the all analog vinyl, minus the pops and clicks present on my well played 50 year old LP.

10 Likes

Lloyd Cole - „Standards“

7 Likes

Two new (old) deliveries for today.
Sadly both are these are amongst my lost Vinyl.

5 Likes

Classic! (10 char)

1 Like

Agreed, I am not a big listener to greatest hist albums, but Songs to Sing & Learn and Staring at the Sea are probably the best of the early 80s bands. I am hoping to add Staring at the Sea on Vinyl in the near future.

Nothing needs to be said about misplaced childhood :+1:

1 Like

After the enjoyment of Echo and the Bunnymen, it’s time for some more subdued moments on this old favorite. I think this one needs a good clean, bit still acceptable. Ghost’s is spine tingling in any media

5 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Trying to sneak a couple more in before I get called down to the living room for the evening

8 Likes

I was very careful to expose this to daylight before playing it. :smiley:

3 Likes

So is that the original early 80s pressing, or have they just included the original price on the sleeve.

@garye and I were talking about it last night

I bought it in the eighties so I guess it’s the original. Will check the details on Discogs and report back.
Edit. Yes it’s the original. all the numbers match up.

I do have the 3 album version but only as MP3 files. Album 2 has it’s moments (Jane - It’s a fine day), but i’m not that impressed with the choices on Album 3

It looks right, there is a new 40th anniversary edition released and and expanded edition as well, both of which I put in my basket yesterday (on CD) to decide which one to check out :grin:

1 Like

5 Likes

For those wanting to get into vinyl and don’t want to spend a lot of money, there is a rundown on reasonable entry level turntables.

3 Likes

I have the Rega P1 which is a lovley TT at a reasonable price. I don’t play a great deal of vinyl so it’s perfect for my needs.

4 Likes

Ane Brun, her first of many.

7 Likes

GoGo Penguin „Fanfares“ - their debut.

6 Likes

Decisions, decisions, decisions…

14 Likes

Simple…play them all😅

7 Likes