➡️ The Vinyl Bar (Yes, we’re open) [2024]

As I’ve stated many times before, when CDs were introduced back in the late 1980s and everyone was dumping their vinyl, I bought myself a used Linn LP12, which I’ve since upgraded several times, and kept and continued to grow my vinyl collection. I’ve had periods when I almost played any vinyl but for the past several years I’ve made a point of playing several records each week. And as I always like to say, almost all of my vinyl is 100% analog!

5 Likes

You’ll love it Lewis.

I still get that little ‘kick’ when I buy an album I love on vinyl :heart_eyes:

I still buy the odd SACD, but it doesn’t ‘mean’ the same…?

Vinyl is a truly beautiful, yet confounding medium!

5 Likes

2 Likes

Guitar-tastic day (inspired by looking through what others have been listening to)!

Now, better knuckle down to some work this afternoon :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Super nice TT :+1:

2 Likes

Imo that is Jeff Becks best album music and recording both top draw.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thanks. It’s waiting for me to fettle the suspension when I get some replacement dampers (felt pads that sit inside the suspension towers - currently just a pile of dust!) but even in a less than ideal location it’s a great sound.

This is the first time I’ve listened to it in over 20 years!

That explains the tops of the supports popping out at the top.

Is it self leveling, or manual.

I hope you don’t stop using it for another 20 years :wink:

I found a new service in beta that lets your browse your Discogs

My latest buys :grinning:

These DG Original Source reissues are something special :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Tindersticks “No Treasure but Hope”

6 Likes

I have one Tindersticks vinyl and a couple of CDs and all are banned in my dear Wife’s presence :roll_eyes::face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Almost want to buy that Jeff Beck album just for the cover!

1 Like

I agree with your wife :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

Music is just a matter of taste. I thought that would also be accepted here.

1 Like

No Rod is just using a bit of humour as I bought a couple of Tindersticks CDs that he had only listened too once :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Agreed but as a life long avant garde jazz fan I can with a very, very high degree of certainty that there are some musical genres that people very happily dump on. This is sad but very true.

1 Like

Those of you from the NYC area and old enough may remember Sounds, a great used record store in Greenwich Village. Oh and this record isn’t too shabby either.

2 Likes