The xx breaks BluOS

Well I was trying BluOS out again as I now have aNAD T778 found out it can’t find via search The xx as an artist, returns nothing at all. Created a ticket with their support and they can’t work it out either. Sent them my files to try and it’s same for them. All other apps have no issues with them at all and my metadata is fine. Type in just xx and it works. Other albums with The in name work fine.

1 Like

Mine is the same but there again I don’t have any ‘the xx’ in my library.
It finds xtc … odd.

1 Like

Is this for your local library?

If I search both qobuz and tidal in bluos I get results.

Tbh it makes no sense at all. Search for The and look what it shows. Absolutely crap! Thought only Roons search was so crap.

Own library

Ha, i see the exact same thing! :slight_smile:
(And i have two albums with The xx)

1 Like

Oh, ok. I don’t have mine attached to bluos and don’t have any the xx locally.

Would have loved to try for you.

It won’t be using their search for streaming but the services api so it will work. It’s their own library that sucks. Also been having issues with my artwork as it can’t have it over a certain size and I don’t have folder.jpg for all albums. So annoying is BluOS when you come to use it.

I have never used it since getting roon :see_no_evil:

I got a finder thingie for artwork and set the parameters then refresh blu os.

I do when Roon needs updating and walking downstairs seems a step too far which seems to be quite frequent these days.

It find ‘the the’ which is better than eBay!

1 Like

What finder thingy?

I have forgotten the name, I’ll look tomorrow. I had to pay a small amount for a year and it’s free now unless I want updates. I figured there isn’t much to update. Apparently there are free album cover finders too but I couldn’t get any for my Mac mini.

Don’t worry I forgot I had perfect tunes with dbpoweramp so can use that. Will take it half a day to trawl the library mind. Will leave it going overnight.

Same here using 'The xx" but “xx” returns results:

1 Like