There are plenty of software providers who trust users to run 2, sometimes more copies

I don’t know what version it is. I can’t see it.

The Roon app has previously seen Roon Cores whether activated or not, if it is still 1.8 I have no idea how to update it and Innuos is not supported by Roon anyway.

You must pour generous measures. :wink:

Many thanks. I reconfigured a few Devialet things and it is now working with Roon wirelessly and Sense over usb.

Personally, having seen other companies develop separate desktop and mobile based apps that essentially do the same thing, save for the latter having external access and cloud storage, I wish Roon had taken the same route. They can be optimised rather than compromise each other. I mentioned a long time ago that I used to use Adobe Lightroom, a great desktop product, they made it cloud-based and ruined it, loads of customers moved to an alternative product.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big admirer of Roon. I consider Roon to be a form of home automation. It allows me to have a core (literally), which my wife and I can use anywhere, currently 10 zones and 2 more portable units (Naim Mu-So and Devialet Phantom) that are currently switched off. I can move form one to the other and group them.

I like Alexa, I can use it to control most of my music, lighting, kitchen appliances and alarm system with Alexa. I can turn my coffee machine on and off with Alexa, very important as it takes 20 minutes to warm up. I use Shelly relays in various switches. They are clever little devices. I have plenty of things that could be automated that aren’t and some are semi-automated.

I have no doubt Roon as a domestic system and Roon ARC can go a long way, they will need to as there are plenty of things they don’t do that other systems do, and things just progress as a matter of course. I just don’t see how they can be optimised for domestic and remote use in one application.

1 Like

Very generous, mainly because I have a habit of buying far more gin than could reasonably be drunk.

1 Like

As has been said several times already, this is exactly what Roon have done. The traditional Roon Remote app is for home use, the separate Roon ARC app is for mobile use. ARC uses the Roon Core in the home as cloud storage, and the integrated streaming services can be considered an additional cloud.

The player app is the front end. I had in mind two different apps on your server, one doing the remote stuff, the other the local stuff. That is quite common.

I see. The use of the word apps confused me. I don’t see any reason for that