Let the man cook! ![]()
How great is that. Brilliant.
“unboxed the thing like it contained the bones of Christ”
Amen
(10chars)
I’ll frame this sentence
Frequency response graphs have become astrology for dudes with soldering irons.
Absolutely brilliant. But my PC monitor is attached to an audiophile power conditioner and so everything looks great to me!!!
Definitely one of the all time great posts …
Amen, hallelujah,
. Bookmark this, and link it for many future threads.
“Then you walk around talking like mastering engineers because you own a DAC” ![]()
I’d love to have this handy to use as a cleanse for those days when you can’t help getting sucked into reading another heated discussion about subjectivity vs objectivity (or worse). So bad for you, but sooo good. It’s the internet version of rubbernecking.
The only catch is that a piece of writing this good has to be used sparingly or it loses its powers. It should be saved, savored and reserved for special occasions. You never know when the next gem will come your way.
Shared this with my wife … she’s been on the side listening to all of my machinations trying to make a simple solution that “just works” for years. She’s laughing, loving the prose and saying this validates all her internal commentary on the audience…
I note that it is flagged as AI generated, but I have to admit I enjoyed every word.
I would say BRILLIANT at the risk of my HeadFi account getting blocked
He hit almost all myths at one go
If it’s indeed a machine getting ■■■■■■off without losing its sense of humor, the Artificial General Intelligence era has arrived. And I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

Another annoying side of AI is that anything that is well written or well formatted is now labeled AI because in the age of SM nobody can imagine that humans can write so much so well ![]()
It can’t be AI*… no bold text or ordered and unordered text. Oh, and no contradictions… but it uses lots of audiophile tropes AI utilizes.
Anyway, this is priceless.
*AI detection tools are notoriously inaccurate (just like AI).
At the very least, there must have been the hand of a person who has carried a lot of frustration for a long time over all the nonsense in this small corner of the internet we love to hate. So many of us can relate to the feelings expressed.
Maybe this person had some ideas and had a model polish them up. The rant is not only depressingly funny; it also has rhythm, style and so many wonderful images.
I can’t see a model getting so angry about these things, but who knows?
Whoever wrote this managed to capture a sentiment most of us would never be able to put into words so well.
He is clearly my friend. I want to buy him a couple of beers to enjoy wherever he wants.
He wrote the magazine summary of the last XXX decades. So much to comment or add.
First the ideal speaker. Suddenly the B&W are s***h*i*t. Of course they are. You bought a speaker with a 3 degree curve so it must be better. So Abbey Studios are clueless. You can go and teach them what to buy.
Second the SW thing. For decades big speaker = big bass. Suddenly NO BASS. We MUST add a SW. But I live in a telephone booth and I have only 200$ to buy speakers. NOOO you must sell your child to pedophiles to buy not one but TWO subs.
Third the digital signal adds noise. Only vinyl is cool. OK tell that to a billion dollar company. Stock market, insurance companies, telecom, medical applications and million other jobs that depend on digital data. Where a single bit can cause a global crash.
“Audiophiles put on five thousand dollar headphones, listen to a woman breathe and start describing the moisture content of the f—-ing air.”
Hahahahaha. Absolutely brilliant.
I’m going to print this out, frame it and hang it above my expensive Hi-Fi.
I saw that, too. I did look at the author’s account, and it seems legit. He’s posted it in a couple of other audio subreddits, and only this one drew the AI flag, so not sure why that is. Way too specific and hilariously caustic to be non-human, IMO.
“How great is that. Brilliant.”
“Absolutely brilliant.”
“Definitely one of the all time great posts …”
“Amen, hallelujah,
. Bookmark this, and link it for many future threads.”
…“That a piece of writing this good has to be used sparingly or it loses its powers. It should be saved, savored and reserved for special occasions. You never know when the next gem will come your way.”
“I note that it is flagged as AI generated, but I have to admit I enjoyed every word.”
“He hit almost all myths at one go”
“Anyway, this is priceless.”
“Whoever wrote this managed to capture a sentiment most of us would never be able to put into words so well.”
“I’m going to print this out, frame it and hang it above my expensive Hi-Fi.”
“Way too specific and hilariously caustic to be non-human, IMO.”
A great aggregation of responses to an aggregation of negative responses from the WWW!
The users of people are adept at telling people what they want to hear. And while the assumption is that the users actually believe what they’re saying; that may be the case, or more than likely it may not be. Because that’s neither here nor there. The proofs in the presentation and thus, the assumed intent. Just like having an AI or a human organize an AI’s aggregation is priceless in its simplicity and in the knowledge that a snarky rant will fire multiple parts of the brain simultaneously resulting in an emotional smorgasbord of contempt, frustration, hilarity, superiority, mockery etc.
Dr. Frankenstein’s monster has escaped and the angry mob with torches, and pitchforks are chasing the monster into the night! A superbly authored scene or a collection of emotional images continues to inspire emotional responses. It’s the stuff for which social media excels and for which in 1845 Edgar Allen Poe rightly exclaimed (especially in light of today’s AI): “Believe nothing you hear and only half that you see”.
If Poe’s statement were understood and implemented with absolutely everything that we hear and see, such a snarky combination and collection of audiophile traits and complaints wouldn’t be needed, because belief would never begin or if it did, it would be tempered with significant amounts of 2nd., 3rd., 4th. ad infinitum order thinking and such rants would become less optional and wouldn’t be required, or enjoyed with such vigor.