There is a multiple confusion about artist name “SILA”

Description of the issue

Actually, it is very complicated, so I hope I can explain it with my poor english well enough.

Under the artist names “ Śīla” and/or “SILA” 8 artists names have been mixed up in their discography

1- Sıla (written with turkish letter “ı” (i w/o dot on the top)) Turkish female pop singer
2- Sila (An Kenyan-American male singer)
3- DANIJEL & SILA (a German DJ band)
4- Śīla (I guess it is an indian music band)
5- Şila (written with Turkish letter “Ş” (S with a dot on the bottom) a Turkish female pop singer
6- SИLA ( it is a Russian band and I guess it is written as Sila in English
7- Sila (an electronic music performer)
8- Sıla (another Turkish singer, but not the one on the first line)

Screenshot of import settings

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Tidal and Qobuz

Hi @Serhan_Kose,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As always, we appreciate the heads up here.

Unfortunately if the streaming service tells us that these albums are by the same artist we have to believe them until we receive an issue report to the contrary. These kinds of equivalence issues are common when artists with similar names are lacking rich metadata sufficient to trigger disambiguation. Such is certainly the case here, multiple artists with the same name and little metadata to distinguish them.

We’ll take a look at how this information is reflected on our metadata providers’ side and see what can be done. Please understand that corrections of this kind are addressed as system wide fixes, we don’t make prescriptive adjustments on a case by case basis. These equivalence instances are frequently corrected as part of ongoing improvements. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.