This PC Audio Devices no longer work after 1.8 upgrade

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux running 1.8 build 756

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit ethernet

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian Prime, Scarlett 2i2, etc. (nothing works)

Description Of Issue

After upgrading to 1.8 (build 756), Roon app running on my Windows 10 PC no longer shows any enabled audio devices on “This PC” as a selectable zone. See screenshot.

This problem persists after restarting Roon, restarting my computer, doing a complete uninstall and deleting all “AppData” folders and then reinstall from latest download.

It appears that the client is storing something about my local pc’s devices on the server, and the server is failing to return them in the list of available Zones for playback. I noticed that even after completely wiping everything out, it still caches the descriptive name that I had previously defined for each device when I go to enable it again.

1 Like

Thanks, just confirming it appears to be the same problem. I restarted my server and the devices reappeared.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.