Tidal $120 YR deal

Is it confirmed that we couldn’t cancel this on Tidal’s website?

EDIT: I just saw the post above:

Sorta seems slightly iffy to me as well but I’m probably still going to take advantage of the deal since it’s such a good deal.

This is great for news for new Tidal members, but a bitter pill for existing members who are not rewarded for early adoption, loyalty, or helping with predictability of Tidal’s balance sheet.

I concur with your sentiment, even though I’d like to be recognized (along with many others) who have made a long term commitment to Tidal already.

I agree, but that’s not how subscription services work. They all give deals to new customers while taking existing customers for granted. I have a huge argument with AT&T U-Verse every two years until I finally get them to agree to give me the new customer discounts.

I can confirm it works… I just did it:

• Best Buy just gives you a code, not tied to anything.
  • Paste into https://offer.tidal.com/bestbuy
  • I was already logged in, the site offered me to apply to my old (inactive) account or a new one, I picked the old one and bingo. It now shows “subscription managed by Best Buy…”
  • Re-logged in via Roon, everything looks copacetic, able to stream MQA with the blue light, etc. My old favorites are back.
  • Cancelled Qobuz. :frowning:
  • Set a calendar reminder for August 2021…

About Best Buy:

• you do get an extra $20 off if you’re a Best Buy member. It’s free.
  • It takes 10-15 minutes to get the email… a little unnerving, but you do get it.
  • they don’t accept ApplePay on the site or the mobile app
  • the mobile app wanted to add state taxes, the site didn’t, so go with the site.

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

LF.

4 Likes

Thanks. I too was able to keep all of my playlists, etc. after converting. I just first cancelled my monthly subscription on Tidal. The day after it expired I purchased the subscription from Best Buy using the same email address I had with Tidal. No issues here.

3 Likes

Also,

The URL to manage your plan or cancel it on BestBuy’s website is: https://www.bestbuy.com/services/planlist

There you can also alter the payment card it charges when it auto renews in a year.

1 Like

Do you get to renew at the $99 rate after a year or does the price go up to the standard Tidal rate of $240/year?

This does not work for current Tidal subscribers. I just wasted $100. Now… I am trying to get my money back

Another confirmation this works for existing subscribers, you have to let you monthly Tidal subscription expire then go to the best buy site and get the deal just as posted above by Laurent_Fontanel. I canceled my subscription the other week and it just ran out today. Got the email from Tidal today saying they had canceled my subscription, went to the Tidal website to confirm, then bought the deal from Best buy for $99, then applied as per above.

1 Like

If you let your subscription expire, you are no longer an existing subscriber. Then, you can sign up at Best Buy.

Wow, this is better than my Military discount.

The $99./yr price is a special. I’m not sure how long that will be good for. The ‘normal’ Best Buy price is $119./yr and it also says it will auto renew next year at $119. unless canceled.

Either way is a deal.

Are you sure about this? The renewal part.

Yes, 100% sure:

I have the same thing. It does not say whether the renewal is annual plan, or monthly. So I sent an email to Tidal. This is what I received back (copy / paste):

Your promotion will expire on August 20, 2021, on this day your monthly billing period will start for the price of $19.99 (that is the HiFi subscription you currently have).

That’s from Tidal’s side, if you cancel your Best Buy plan. If you don’t cancel your Best Buy plan, that will auto renew. Refer to the email Best Buy sent you:

Tidal is not going to auto renew you on one of their plans if you have not canceled the Best Buy plan.

1 Like

I suggest you call / email Tidal for yourself. That’s what I was told, and that’s what I shared here.

I suggest you call / email Tidal for yourself. That’s what I was told, and that’s what I shared here.

You seem confused. The information Tidal gave you is not different than the information I’m sharing. As per what Tidal told you, if you don’t have a ‘promotion’, then you go to a Tidal plan.

As long as you do not cancel your Best Buy promotion, that’s what you will continue to be on.

1 Like

Dude! I am not confused at all. Tidal told me that my subscription via Best Buy one-year deal will renew at monthly rate of $19.99 per month. Monthly sub plan. What part of this you don’t understand? You base your assumption on something that tells you nothing based on your screenshots. I checked with Tidal, you did not. As I said, give them a call to clarify.

1 Like