Tidal adds pre-save option for upcoming albums

Like pre-ordering, but for adding to your Tidal collection.

I can’t actually find this feature on the album mentioned on any Tidal app platform (web/browser, iOS, Mac), but when it actually appears I’m hoping I’ll be able to access in Roon soon after, too.

My regular music discovery process is to add albums like crazy when I hear about them, and when I hear about them is often before they are released (in pre-released reviews, etc.) For instance, there’s a new Leon Bridges album coming out in May that I read about today. It would be great to be able to “pre-save” this album now, so I don’t have to remember to when it actually comes out.

1 Like

I think we have this now.

I have a Brent Cobb album with all tracks unavailable except the singles. Then look at the release date.

Interesting. I can’t find that album on Tidal at all - in Roon or Tidal itself. I can find the single you highlight above, which are often released ahead of the full album for promotional purposes, as this one seems to have been.

But you obviously found and added the whole album to your collection… Did you do that in Tidal or Roon? How recently?

I did it yesterday via Bluesound. I noticed it on a list on the Meridian HH forum. http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=274498#Post274498

1 Like

Ah. When I click on the link to that album, I get, “The content is no longer available.”

So, I don’t think this is the same thing as the feature mentioned in the article.

Edit: That’s a great list. Very convenient!

1 Like