Tidal MAX files and Roon 2.0.28

Not sure I share your confidence that people will move on…

4 Likes

I think the point here is that Roon is better in showing “format” information in album view (and in signal path), but a visual icon (Hi-RES for Qobuz e MAX for Tidal I understand) could be a quicker way to visually identify abums that have higher than CD resolution.

Just a matter of visual snap me think.

PS. but still “format” is missing as choosable column in track list views… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame - I think the OP phrased his request in an unfortunate way. Let me help (not the he needs my help - I am just giving by nature). Roon provide better info than Lumin, but the OP would like to request a feature in which a quick visual cue could be used to tell hires albums from the lower quality ones at a glance - even if you don’t know the actual quality. Sound like a nice feature to have when browsing through albums. Similar to how UAPP does it with the Hires label (I actually prefer theirs to the was Tidal app does it). Roon could adopt something similar.

1 Like

Good point. A hires badge isn’t limited to just Tidal and there is an existing feature request here:

3 Likes

It’s definitely not!
I think, if I drop streaming in total, buying CD again and my good ol vinyls.
The sound of Tidal Max right now is crap and Qobuz not a bit better.

Am I missing something… I’ve updated Roon and restarted the software… But I am not seeing the same hi res albums when I search Roon that I am seeing in the native Tidal app

Tidal app…

Roon search… Standard Quality

But if I favorite the album in the Tidal app and locate it My Tidal Collection in Roon… I see Hi Res

Not understanding.

Did you select Tidal Max in Roon - Settings - Services - Tidal?

1 Like

Further up in the thread:

Yes… It is set to Max.

This seems strange to me… With this method, how will “all” albums be populated?

My guess is the people who programmed it know what they are doing.

3 Likes

Of course they do!

Maybe click on Versions and see what shows up.

EDIT: Roon has explained it will take a while for all the metadata to shake out.

It seems to playing hi res… Just not showing the correct metadata.

That’s just it… There is only one version of the album… But I think it’s playing hi res… Just not dhow the metadata correctly… Yet.

I guess that’s exactly what Brian indicated. The playing finds the real resolution unambiguously, and this will correct the metadata. And I suppose they can’t just play/analyze all 100 million tracks on Tidal right away, so what actually gets played by people will be updated first. The stuff that nobody plays might then get fixed later over time.

It’s just every single little thing they do is questioned by somebody on the forum as if RoonLabs staff were all clueless. It gets a bit much sometimes if you read the forum a lot :wink:

2 Likes