Tidal and Local music keeps stopping (Sonos endpoints)

Thank you for the continued feedback @Dick_Cooper and more importantly, thank you for your patience here. My apologies for the slow response.

Based on the observation you have made when playing via the “system output”, this indicates to me that the problem is occurring somewhere further “down stream” and our goal now should be to identify the variable(s) that could be having influence on these stops in playback you are experiencing. I know you have inquired about rolling back to a previous version of the application but I must point out that this is not something we recommend or support as this action can cause further troubles and will make trying to diagnose this issue even harder, because the system will no longer be up to date.

Moving forward, in my previous message I had asked if you have tried rebooting the other elements of your setup (i.e endpoints and any relevant networking hardware - router, switches, etc). I see you mentioned that the core had been rebooted, but nothing else. Can you verify if you have tried this suggestion yet? The reason for my asking is because I would like to know how the system holds up with everything in a “fresh state”. Please let me know. Furthermore, based on your recent posts it sounds like the content from your NAS is also now struggling during playback where as before this had not been an issue. Please verify.

Post #1

“Since it is Tidal that is giving me grief, not the music on the NAS, I thought it might be an Internet problem.”

Post #7

“In case it makes a difference, I get exactly the same problem when playing music from my NAS.”

Troubleshooting exercises:

1. As mentioned above, please reboot all the elements of your Roon setup.

2. If you are indeed experiencing the same issue with the content stored on your NAS, that you are experiencing with TIDAL, please verify how locally stored media on the Win10 core (Asus Vivo VM42_VM62_VM62N series) responds when played via Roon.

• Additionally can you please verify the make/model of the NAS and the size of the library being hosted on the unit based on number of tracks.
  3. When a user has a fair amount of complexity in their setup (i.e numerous audio zones, various networking devices, etc) eliminating potential causes one-by-one is the only way to truly determine where the issue is occurring. With this in mind, I would like to focus on the performance of a single audio zone so we can determine how the system responds in a “stripped down” state. From your latest feedback it sounds like the “sitting room” is closest to where your core resides and has easy access to your router. Please due correct me if I am wrong and the router is in a different location :innocent:

Currently, in the “sitting room” the chain of communication is as follows (from your pos):

“ …I was playing music to the Sitting room, which is about 3 meters from the PC, with the connection running PC-Cat5-switch-router-switch-cat5-sonos-Linn.”

• Close all instances of the Roon application.

• Make sure that the only active zone in place is the Sonos + Linn “sitting room” audio zone. All other zones should be inactive during this test run.

• In the “sitting room” zone I would like you to temporarily bypass the mentioned switches and mount the following items directly to your router as I believe the Alice “L-ADSL05CF router” has 4 ethernet ports on the back of the unit:

• Core machine.

• NAS storage device.

• Sonos + Linn endpoint.

• With the above configuration in place how does content played back via the NAS and TIDAL respond?

NOTE: when performing the any of the above exercises the Sonos application should remain inactive.

-Eric